IMARC Group's latest report, titled "Moist Wound Dressings Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," finds that the global moist wound dressings market size reached US$ 4.77 Billion in 2022. Moist wound dressings are utilized for various purposes, including absorbing fluids, reducing exposure to infections, and promoting new tissue growth through enhanced angiogenesis and collagen synthesis. They help break down dead tissue and fibrin, remove drainage and dead tissue from lesions, and facilitate faster healing. They are available in various types, including collagen, films, foams, hydrocolloids, hydrogels, and alginates. Among these, collagen moist wound dressings are particularly effective, as they provide tensile strength to the skin, attract essential cells such as fibroblasts and keratinocytes, and offer a natural scaffold and substrate for new tissue growth. They also encourage debridement, angiogenesis, and re-epithelialization. As a result, moist wound dressings are gaining immense traction in the healthcare industry across the globe for the treatment of acute and chronic wounds.
Global Moist Wound Dressings Market Trends:
The rising geriatric population and the widespread prevalence of chronic conditions, such as obesity and diabetes, represent the primary factors driving the market growth. Moreover, rising incidences of pressure ulcers caused by skin fragility, thinning of cell layers, and decreased cell growth are positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, the escalating demand for moist wound dressings due to the rising number of surgical procedures and concerns about post-operative surgical wounds, as they are an effective way to prevent surgical site infections (SSI) and promote faster wound healing, has catalyzed market growth. Besides this, rising awareness about the benefits and effectiveness of moist wound dressings has augmented the product demand. Furthermore, key players are launching new and innovative product variants based on synthetic polymers classified as passive, interactive, and bioactive to expand their portfolio and gain a competitive edge, thereby contributing to market growth. Along with this, the emergence of home healthcare facilities is another major growth-inducing factor. Other factors, including the rising incidences of burn injuries, significant improvements in healthcare infrastructure, and technological advancements, are also anticipated to create a positive market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.46 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.05% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into foam, hydrocolloid, film, alginate, hydrogel, collagen, and other dressings. Currently, foam dressings dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been bifurcated into acute wounds (surgical and traumatic wounds and burns) and chronic wounds (diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, venous leg ulcers, and others). Among these, chronic wounds hold the largest market share.
- The market has been divided based on the end user into hospitals, specialty clinics, home care, and others. Presently, hospitals hold the largest market share.
- Region-wise, North America (the United States and Canada) holds the leading position in the market, followed by Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa. The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, Advanced Medical Solutions Group plc, B. Braun Medical Inc., Cardinal Health Inc., Coloplast A/S, Convatec Inc., Hartmann AG, Hollister Incorporated, Lohmann & Rauscher, Medline Industries Inc., Molnlycke Health Care AB, Scapa Group Limited, and Smith & Nephew Plc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Foam Dressings, Hydrocolloid Dressings, Film Dressings, Alginate Dressings, Hydrogel Dressings, Collagen Dressings, Others
||• Acute Wounds: Surgical and Traumatic Wounds, Burns
• Chronic Wounds: Diabetic Foot Ulcers, Pressure Ulcers, Venous Leg Ulcers, Others
|End User Covered
||Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Homecare, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3M Company, Advanced Medical Solutions Group plc, B. Braun Medical Inc., Cardinal Health Inc., Coloplast A/S, Convatec Inc., Hartmann AG, Hollister Incorporated, Lohmann & Rauscher, Medline Industries Inc., Molnlycke Health Care AB, Scapa Group Limited, and Smith & Nephew Plc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800