According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Mold Release Agents Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global mold release agents market size reached US$ 2.1 Billion in 2022. Mold release agents are substances that prevent materials from sticking to mold during the manufacturing or casting process. They are applied to the surface of the mold to create a barrier between the mold and the material being molded. They help in the easy removal of finished products from the molds without causing any damage. They also reduce the wear and tear on molds caused by repeated use. Besides this, they aid in minimizing the friction and stress on the mold surface, extending its lifespan, preventing surface defects and blemishes, which can be caused due to sticking or tearing during demolding.
Global Mold Release Agents Market Trends:
The increasing use of mold release agents for producing various composite parts for fiberglass, carbon fiber, and reinforced plastics represents one of the major factors augmenting the market growth around the world. Moreover, the rising utilization of mold release agents in tire production and the growing adoption of the die-casting technique for manufacturing metal body parts of vehicles are influencing the market positively. In addition, the increasing demand for intricate and complex mold designs is driving the usage of high performance mold release agents to facilitate the demolding of complex parts without compromising on surface quality or damaging the mold. Apart from this, governing agencies of numerous countries are implementing stringent regulations to reduce volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions and consequently encouraging leading players to develop environment friendly mold release agents with low emission levels. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 3.1 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.2% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, Cwater-based mold release agents dominate the market, followed by solvents-based.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segregated into external, internal and semi-permanent. External mold release agents currently account for the biggest market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into die-casting, PU molding, rubber molding, composite molding, plastic molding, concrete, wood composite and panel pressing, and others. At present, PU molding dominates the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Ampacet Corporation, Chem-Trend L.P. (Freudenberg Chemical Specialities SE & Co. KG), Chukyo Yushi Co. Ltd., Daikin Industries Ltd., Dow Inc., Henkel Adhesives Technologies India Private Limited (Henkel AG & Co. KGaA), McGee Industries Inc., Michelman Inc., Miller-Stephenson Chemical Company Inc., Moresco Corporation, Rexco Inc., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., Sumico Lubricant Co. Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||External, Internal, Semi-Permanent
||Die-Casting, PU Molding, Rubber Molding, Composite Molding, Plastic Molding, Concrete, Wood Composite and Panel Pressing, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ampacet Corporation, Chem-Trend L.P. (Freudenberg Chemical Specialities SE & Co. KG), Chukyo Yushi Co. Ltd., Daikin Industries Ltd., Dow Inc., Henkel Adhesives Technologies India Private Limited (Henkel AG & Co. KGaA), McGee Industries Inc., Michelman Inc., Miller-Stephenson Chemical Company Inc., Moresco Corporation, Rexco Inc., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., Sumico Lubricant Co. Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800