According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Mortuary Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global mortuary equipment market size reached US$ 784 Million in 2019. A mortuary or morgue is a hospital department wherein dead bodies are stored for examination before the burial or removal for autopsy and preservation. Mortuary equipment is utilized in morgues to shift, store and dissect dead bodies for legal and academic purposes. Nowadays, different types of mortuary equipment, such as trolleys, cadaver trays, racking systems, dissecting tables and embalming workstations, are available for various applications. Besides this, freezers and refrigeration units are used to store bodies for a longer duration.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Mortuary Equipment Market Trends:
Due to the rising population and increasing investments in the healthcare sector, there is a significant rise in the number of hospitals across the globe. This represents one of the key factors strengthening the mortuary equipment market growth. Apart from this, a high mortality rate, in confluence with the increasing number of unclaimed bodies in morgues, is also bolstering the market growth. Furthermore, the launch of automated equipment, such as the autopsy platforms, dissection tables and embalming platforms is boosting their sales. Moreover, increasing investments and advancements in healthcare infrastructure are providing hospitals with improved access to the equipment. However, with the surging cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and consequent lockdowns imposed by governments of numerous countries, leading players are unable to meet the demand-supply gap on account of the unavailability of adequate workforce and disruptions in the supply chain. The market is anticipated to grow once lockdown regulations are relaxed. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 1,156 Million by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 6.70% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into trolleys, refrigeration units, autopsy platforms and equipment, embalming workstations, cabinets, dissection tables, and other accessories.
- On the basis of the usage, the market has been bifurcated into manual and automated mortuary equipment.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the end user into hospitals, research and academics, forensic laboratories, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (the United States, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being C.F. di Ciro Fiocchetti & C. s.n.c., Hygeco SA, Kugel Medical GmbH & Co. KG, LEEC Limited, Mopec Inc., Mortech Manufacturing Inc., Mortuary Lift Company Inc., Roftek Ltd., Span Surgical Co. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800