The latest report by IMARC, titled “Mosquito Repellent Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the global mosquito repellent market size reached US$ 4.7 Billion in 2022. Mosquito repellents are substances produced to keep mosquitoes away, thus preventing them from biting humans and feeding on their blood. It contains an active ingredient that repels mosquitoes, along with other ingredients that dilute the active ingredient to the desired concentration and assist in releasing it as required. They are commonly available in various formulations, such as creams, lotions, oils and sticks, which are directly applied to the skin. They are also available as aerosol and pump-spray products that are produced from a combination of numerous natural and synthetic ingredients. In recent years, mosquito repellents have gained traction as they assist in avoiding rashes and skin eruptions caused by mosquito bites.
Global Mosquito Repellent Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the rising incidences of mosquito-borne diseases, such as malaria, dengue, chikungunya, and others. Additionally, the rising health awareness among the masses is creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, rapid globalization, along with the improving living standards in developing countries, such as Indonesia, India, China, Brazil, Mexico, and Vietnam, are positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, key players are focusing on introducing natural mosquito repellents with ingredients such as thyme oil, neem oil, citronella oil, and lemon eucalyptus oil, on account of the rising consumer inclination toward natural and organic products. Furthermore, hot temperature provides an optimum condition for the mosquitos to breed and increase their level of activeness as the global temperature is continuously rising due to the increasing levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. This has escalated the demand for mosquito repellents worldwide. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 6.6 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the product type, the market has been divided into coils, mats, cream, oils, vaporizer, and others.
- On the basis of the ingredients type, the market has been segmented into natural ingredients (oil of eucalyptus, citronella, and others), and synthetic ingredients (DEET, permethrin, picaridin, and others).
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into convenience stores, departmental stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, and others), North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being 3M Company, New Avon Company, Clariant International Ltd., Coghlan’s Ltd., Dabur International Limited, Enesis Group, Godrej Consumer Products Limited, Jyothy Laboratories Ltd., Nanjing Ronch Chemical Co. Ltd., PIC Corporation, Qingdao Benzo New Materials Co. Ltd., Quantum Health Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc., Van Aroma, and Vertellus Holdings LLC.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|| Product Type, Ingredients Type, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico,Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates
||3M Company, New Avon Company, Clariant International Ltd., Coghlan's Ltd., Dabur International Limited, Enesis Group, Godrej Consumer Products Limited, Jyothy Laboratories Ltd., Nanjing Ronch Chemical Co. Ltd., PIC Corporation, Qingdao Benzo New Materials Co., Ltd., Quantum Health, Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc., Van Aroma, and Vertellus Holdings LLC
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal