According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Mosquito Repellent Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global mosquito repellent market grew at 3% during 2014-2019. Mosquito repellents refer to chemical substances that are applied over the skin, body, clothes or in the surroundings of an individual to prevent mosquito bites. Commonly available in the form of lotions, aerosols, sticks, creams, repellent fabrics, pump sprays and liquids, these repellents evaporate upon application. They function by blocking the sense of smell of the mosquitoes that prevents the insects from finding their target. These repellents are made from the combination of various natural and synthetic ingredients and are widely used by the masses to avoid rashes and skin eruptions resulting from mosquito bites.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Mosquito Repellent Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing incidences of mosquito-borne diseases, such as malaria, dengue, and chikungunya. This can be attributed to the rising production of waste from the residential and industrial sectors, which becomes a breeding ground for arthropods, including mosquitos. Along with this, growing health awareness is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Rapid urbanization, improving standards of living and inflating per capita income levels of individuals in developing economies are facilitating the growth of the market further. Moreover, governments of numerous countries are undertaking initiatives to spread awareness regarding the importance of mosquito repellents and to implement integrated pest management solutions, especially in rural areas, which is expected to create a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by the shifting preference of the masses toward organic and herbal product variants that are equipped with easy-to-use packaging solutions. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to exhibit steady growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into coils, mats, cream, oils, vaporizer and others.
- Based on the ingredients, the market has been bifurcated into natural (oil of lemon eucalyptus, citronella and others) and synthetic (DEET, permethrin, picaridin and others) ingredients.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into convenience stores, departmental stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates and others).
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include 3M Company, New Avon Company, Clariant International Ltd., Coghlan's Ltd., Dabur International Limited, Enesis Group, Godrej Consumer Products Limited, Jyothy Laboratories Ltd., Nanjing Ronch Chemical Co. Ltd., PIC Corporation, Qingdao Benzo New Materials Co., Ltd. Quantum Health, Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc., Van Aroma, and Vertellus Holdings LLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800