According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Motion Sensor Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global motion sensor market reached a value of US$ 5.5 Billion by 2021. Also known as motion detectors, motion sensors are electronic devices that are widely utilized to detect and measure movement in a given area. Comprising a sensor unit, an embedded computer and hardware, they use several motion sensing technologies, including microwave, passive infrared and ultrasound waves, to intercept kinetic movements in real-time. These sensors aid in alerting the user of a potential security breach, thus contributing to effective decision-making and preventing any further damage. Consequently, these sensors are now extensively being integrated with various devices, such as burglary alarms, security cameras, floodlights, home control systems and fare collection systems.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Motion Sensor Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the extensive utilization of these sensors in various security solutions across both the residential and commercial sectors. This can be attributed to the growing incidences of security breaches and thefts, which has impelled users to install security systems equipped with motion sensors. The emerging trend of smart cities is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. In line with this, the increasing smart construction has resulted in the rising demand for automated lighting and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls. The utilization of these sensors with lighting and HVAC systems aids in significantly reducing the energy consumption of a particular space, thereby propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the growing integration of these sensors with consumer electronics, such as tablets, smartphones, computers and wearables, offers real-time notifications on connected devices, which is also providing a thrust to the market growth. Some of the other growth-inducing factors include product miniaturization, rapid urbanization, increasing consumer spending capacities, and the thriving interactive gaming industry. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 8.5 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the technology type, the market has been divided into infrared, ultrasonic, microwave, dual technology, tomographic and others.
- On the basis of the embedded sensor type, the market has been classified into MEMS accelerometer, MEMS gyroscope, MEMS magnetometer and sensor combos.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been categorized into consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, aerospace and defense, healthcare, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include STMicroelectronics International N.V., Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Analog Devices, Inc., Microchip Technology, Inc., InvenSense, Inc., Bosch Sensortec GmbH, MEMSIC, Inc, and Kionix, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal