According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “Motor Repair and Maintenance Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global motor repair and maintenance market reached a value of US$ 29.37 Billion in 2018. Motor repair and maintenance refers to the procedure of maintenance check which often includes visual inspection, motor winding test and bearing inspection of an electric motor. Electric motors find extensive applicability across diverse industries where they are installed in compressors, industrial fans, etc. They form an essential component of a business since its productivity and profitability depend upon their efficient performance. Over the past few years, various end users have started opting for effective repair and maintenance service packages which aim at averting critical breakdowns, thereby reducing downtime and preventing severe damage to the motor.
Cost-effectiveness is a key benefit that is offered by preventive maintenance (PM) checks, which is driving the market growth. It is always a more convenient option to repair a motor and undertake preventive measures to avoid further damage than replacing the entire machine. Regular maintenance also reduces the risk factor and improves the lifespan of machinery. Additionally, owing to technological advancements, there has been a significant rise in the employment of electric motors for automating various applications across industries such as HVAC, mining, and food and beverages. Along with this, the utilization of intricate machinery is expected to significantly raise the demand for specialty motor repair and maintenance services. Owing to the aforementioned factors, the global motor repair and maintenance market size is expected to reach US$ 36.38 Billion by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 3.64% during 2019-2024.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided as general repair and overhaul. Amongst these, the general repair segment accounts for the majority of the total market share. It is further categorized into bearing, stator, rotor and others.
- On the basis of the service, off-site service represents the biggest segment, followed by on-site service.
- Based on the end use, the market has been classified into utilities (water, electricity and gas), HVAC, food and beverage, mining and others. Currently, utilities represent the dominant market segment.
- On the basis of geography, the market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World. Asia Pacific currently holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed with some of the key players operating in the market being ABB Group, Siemens AG, WEG SA, Regal Beloit and TECO E&M/TECO-Westinghouse.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal