According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "MRSA Drugs Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," the global MRSA drugs market reached a value of US$ 3.6 Billion in 2022. Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a type of bacteria that is resistant to many commonly used antibiotics, including methicillin, which is a type of penicillin. It is spread through contact with an infected person or contaminated surface and is most commonly associated with healthcare facilities, such as hospitals and nursing homes. MRSA infections can be difficult to treat and lead to serious health problems, particularly in individuals with weakened immune systems. There are several drugs available for the treatment of MRSA infections. Vancomycin is one of the most commonly used antibiotics for treating MRSA infections. Some of the other antibiotics used to treat MRSA include linezolid, daptomycin, ceftaroline, and tigecycline. The choice of antibiotic for MRSA infections depends on several factors, including the severity of the infection, the patient's medical history, and the susceptibility of the bacteria to different antibiotics. Sometimes, a combination of antibiotics may be used to treat the infection.
Global MRSA Drugs Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing incidences of MRSA infections. In line with this, the growing geriatric population and the development of new antibiotics for treating MRSA are significantly contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the rising awareness about the importance of early diagnosis and treatment of MRSA infections is positively influencing the market. Apart from this, the escalating demand for effective treatments for MRSA infection is catalyzing the market. Moreover, the heavy investments in research and development of innovative anti-MRSA medication compounds and improved screening are expected to bolster the market. In addition, the key players are adopting inorganic expansion methods, such as mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations, which, in turn, are providing a boost to the market. Some other factors driving the market include the increasing prevalence of antibiotic resistant strains development, the rising number of cases of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs), rapid product innovations, easy availability of antibiotics, and growing healthcare expenditure. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 4.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.6% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the MRSA type, the market has been categorized into Hospital-Acquired (HA-MRSA) and Community-Acquired (CA-MRSA). Among these, Hospital-Acquired (HA-MRSA) represents the largest market segment.
- Based on the drug class, the market has been classified into lipopeptides, oxazolidinones, cephalosporin, tetracycline, folate antagonist, and others. Currently, lipopeptides represent the largest segment.
- Based on the disease indication, the market has been segmented into skin infections, bone and joint infections, bacteremia, and animal infections. At present, skin infections represent the largest segment.
- Based on the route of administration, the market has been categorized into oral administration and parenteral administration, wherein parenteral administration holds for the biggest market segment.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. Presently, hospital pharmacies accounted for the largest market share.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa. At present, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include AbbVie Inc., Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd, Crystal Genomics Inc., Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Inc., Melinta Therapeutics Inc, Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Pfizer Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|MRSA Types Covered
||Hospital-Acquired (HA-MRSA), Community-Acquired (CA-MRSA)
|Drug Classes Covered
||Lipopeptides, Oxazolidinones, Cephalosporin, Tetracycline, Folate Antagonist, Others
|Disease Indications Covered
||Skin Infections, Bone and Joint Infections, Bacteremia, Animal Infections
|Route of Administrations Covered
||Oral Administration, Parenteral Administration
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AbbVie Inc., Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd, Crystal Genomics Inc., Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Inc., Melinta Therapeutics Inc, Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Pfizer Inc, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800