According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (MLRS) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS) market size reached US$ 637.8 Million in 2021. Multiple-launch rocket system (MLRS) refers to a type of artillery weapon designed for delivering large quantities of indirect fire quickly and accurately. It enables surface-to-surface guided rockets and missiles to be fired from launcher platforms belonging to the M270 family. This launcher is mounted on a stretched chassis and is equipped with a fire control computer, and a vehicle control and rocket launching system are integrated into the computer. As a result of their ability to provide large amounts of fire over a very short period of time, MLRS systems are essential for saturating an area with firepower in a timely manner and overwhelming enemy defenses. The MLRS launcher is highly automated and self-aimed that supports and delivers basic and extended-range rockets (ER-MLRS) as well as Block I missiles from the Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS).
Global Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (MLRS) Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by considerable growth in the aerospace and defense industry. This can be attributed to the growing incidences of cross-border conflicts and geopolitical tensions across the globe. In line with this, the rising investments by government bodies of several countries in cutting-edge weaponry, artillery modernization programs, and the acquisition of new systems to enhance their military strength are resulting in a higher product uptake. Moreover, the advent of guided MLRS using global positioning system (GPS) and inertial guidance package to enhance long-range positioning accuracy is also impacting the market positively. Besides this, the shifting preference toward guided munitions over unguided rocket artillery is providing a boost to the MLRS sales on the global level. The market is further propelled by continual technological advancements, such as the adoption of sophisticated MLRS utilizing radar data and one-way radio datalink for initiating a two-dimensional correction of the rocket flight path. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid industrialization, growing investments for improvements in military infrastructure, innovations in the manufacturing processes and extensive research and development (R&D) activities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 954.1 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the launch vehicle, the market has been segmented into tracked and wheeled.
- On the basis of the caliber type, the market has been divided into 70-180 mm and 180-300mm.
- On the basis of the range, the market has been bifurcated into 10-100 km and 100-300 km.
- Based on the pod capacity, the market has been categorized into upto 16 and more than 16.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Avibrás Indústria Aeroespacial, BAE Systems Plc, Denel Land Systems (Denel SOC Ltd.), Diehl Defence GmbH & Co. KG (Diehl Stiftung & Co. KG), Hanwha Corporation, IMI Systems Ltd. (Elbit Systems Ltd.), Larsen & Toubro Limited, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Roketsan Roket Sanayii ve Ticaret A.S., and Tata Advanced Systems Limited (Tata Sons Private Limited).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800