According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Mushroom Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global mushroom market size reached US$ 54.58 Billion in 2020. Mushrooms are a type of nutritious fungi used in various cuisines around the world. Edible mushrooms are typically grown in a regulated environment with the right amount of light, ventilation, humidity, nutrients, soil pH, and air pressure. They are a rich source of potassium, riboflavin, selenium, and vitamin D. Mushrooms help in building immunity, managing weight and minimizing the risks of various chronic diseases. These are directly consumed in households, as well as extensively utilized across the food processing industry. Apart from this, various non-edible mushroom varieties are employed in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Mushroom Market Trends:
One of the major factors driving the global mushroom market is the growing food and beverage industry and the increase in health consciousness among consumers. Besides this, the rising adoption of vegan dietary patterns is influencing the popularity of edible mushrooms as a meat substitute across the globe. Furthermore, the demand from the pharmaceutical industry is supporting the market growth on account of the anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antitumor properties of mushrooms. Apart from this, market players have been improving mushroom packaging methods by developing humidity-controlled materials to prevent water from condensing on mushrooms and thereby extend their shelf life. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, increased consumption of organic food products, and the rising consumer expenditure capacities, are further propelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 80.86 Billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 6.58% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the mushroom type, the market has been segmented into button, shiitake, oyster and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been segregated into fresh, canned, dried and others.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the distribution channel into supermarkets and hypermarkets, grocery stores, online stores, and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been classified into food processing, foodservice sector, direct consumption and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Agro Dutch Industries Ltd., Bonduelle Company, Drinkwater Mushrooms Ltd., Monaghan Mushrooms Limited, Monterey Mushrooms, Inc., OKECHAMP S.A., Shanghai Finc Bio-Tech Inc. and The Mushroom Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal