According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Mushroom Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global mushroom market size reached US$ 53.7 Billion in 2019. Mushrooms are edible fungi that play an indispensable role in the preparation of different dishes across the globe. They are a rich source of riboflavin, potassium, vitamin D, selenium and other ingredients. They have anti-inflammatory properties and their consumption assists in weight management, fighting aging, controlling diabetes, lowering cholesterol levels, boosting the immune system, and improving digestion and bone health. Besides this, they also aid in minimizing the risk of diseases, such as prostate and breast cancer. Edible mushrooms are generally grown in a restricted environment with adequate light, humidity, ventilation, air pressure, nutrients and soil pH levels.
Global Mushroom Market Trends:
Due to rapid urbanization, inflating income levels and the growing prevalence of chronic diseases, such as obesity and diabetes, there is a rise in the demand for food items that are low in fats and cholesterol content. This represents one of the significant factors which is strengthening the global mushroom market growth. Apart from this, the burgeoning food and beverage (F&B) industry, in confluence with the increasing utilization of mushrooms in hotels, restaurants and cafeterias, is also bolstering the market growth. Furthermore, there is a rise in the consumption of mushrooms as a substitute for meat on account of the increasing vegan as well as the vegetarian population around the world. This can be attributed to the rich taste and high nutrient content of mushrooms. Moreover, governing authorities of numerous countries are expending on the production of high-quality mushroom varieties, which are not only safe for human consumption but can also be exported to other countries for generating revenue. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 86.6 Billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the mushroom type, the market has been segmented into button, shiitake, oyster and other mushrooms.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been segregated into fresh, canned, dried and other mushrooms.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the distribution channel into supermarkets and hypermarkets, grocery stores, online stores, and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been classified into food processing, foodservice sector, direct consumption and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Agro Dutch Industries Ltd., Bonduelle Company, Drinkwater Mushrooms Ltd., Monaghan Mushrooms Limited, Monterey Mushrooms, Inc., OKECHAMP S.A., Shanghai Finc Bio-Tech Inc. and The Mushroom Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal