According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Mushroom Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global mushroom market reached a value of US$ 58.8 Billion in 2021. A mushroom is a type of fungi that generally contains millions of microscopic spores. It usually germinates via spores in order to form a network of microscopic rooting threads that penetrate into its food sources, such as soil or wood. Additionally, it comprises mycelium that grows into the food source, which helps in absorbing the nutrients required for optimum growth. It is a rich source of essential nutrients, including potassium, sodium, carbohydrate, riboflavin, vitamins and selenium. Due to the easy product availability via online and offline organized retail channels, it is gaining widespread prominence among the masses.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Mushroom Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the. This is supported by the changing lifestyle patterns and the growing health consciousness among individuals. Since mushrooms are low in cholesterol and fat with multiple micronutrients, there has been a considerable increase in the consumption of the food item. In line with this, the rising consumption of mushrooms as a substitute for meat products due to the increasing vegan population is further contributing to the market growth. Moreover, continuous improvements in the food and beverage sector, along with the proliferation of chain restaurants and food joints, are providing a boost to the demand for mushrooms. Additionally, numerous key players are heavily investing in research and development (R&D) activities for determining the potential benefits of mushrooms for treating various diseases, which is creating a positive market outlook. Other factors, including the widespread product utilization in the nutraceutical industry, the easy availability of diversified mushroom variants, the advent of online delivery models, and inflating disposable income levels of the masses, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 86.5 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.5% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the mushroom type, the market has been segmented into button, shiitake, oyster and other mushrooms.
- Based on the form, the market has been categorized into fresh, canned, dried and other mushrooms.
- On the basis of the distribution channels, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, grocery stores, online stores and others.
- Based on the end-use, the market has been classified into food processing industry, food service sector, direct consumption and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Agro Dutch Industries Ltd., Bonduelle Fresh Europe, Drinkwater Mushrooms Ltd., Monaghan Mushrooms Inc., Monterey Mushrooms Inc., OKECHAMP S.A., Shanghai Finc Bio-Tech Inc., and The Mushroom Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal