According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Nanogrid Market by Type (DC Nanogrid, AC Nanogrid), Components (Controller, Gateway, Storage, and Others), Mode of Operation (Island Mode, Grid Connected Mode), Function (Energy Generation, Energy Storage), Energy Source (Solar, Wind, and Others), Application (Residential, Commercial), and Region 2023-2028,” the global nanogrid market size reached US$ 14.9 Billion in 2022. A nanogrid is a localized and small-scale electrical distribution system that operates independently or in conjunction with a larger grid. It is designed to provide electricity to its designated area efficiently and reliably, even during grid outages. It typically serves a smaller area, such as a single building, neighborhood, or cluster of buildings. It integrates various distributed energy resources (DERs) like solar panels, wind turbines, batteries, and other energy storage technologies. It enhances energy efficiency, reliability, and resilience and promotes sustainable energy practices.
Global Nanogrid Market Trends:
The increasing adoption of renewable energy sources like solar panels and wind turbines into the local energy distribution system, which reduces the dependence on fossil fuels, represents one of the major factors catalyzing the demand for nanogrids around the world. Moreover, the rising electricity consumption and power generation worldwide are driving the need for nanogrids to minimize the instances of power failures. In addition, initiatives undertaken by governing agencies of numerous countries for facilitating the supply of electricity in rural areas and remote areas are impelling the market growth. Apart from this, the growing use of nanogrids by various organizations to meet their sustainability goals and demonstrate commitment to environmental responsibility is influencing the market positively. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 26.3 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, DC nanogrid dominates the market, followed by AC nanogrid.
- On the basis of the components, the market has been classified into controller, gateway, storage, and others. Controller currently accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the mode of operation, island mode exhibits a clear dominance in the market, followed by grid connected mode.
- On the basis of the function, energy generation holds the largest market share, followed by energy storage.
- Based on the energy source, the market has been divided into solar, wind, and others. At present, solar dominates the market.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been bifurcated into residential and commercial. Residential currently accounts for the biggest share in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Eaton Corporation plc, Emerson Electric Co., and Sunverge Energy Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Type Covered
||DC Nanogrid, AC Nanogrid
||Controller, Gateway, Storage, Others
|Mode of Operation Covered
||Island Mode, Grid Connected Mode
||Energy Generation, Energy Storage
|Energy Source Covered
||Solar, Wind, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Eaton Corporation plc, Emerson Electric Co., and Sunverge Energy Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800