According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Nanopore Technologies Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global nanopore technologies market reached a value of US$ 213.8 Million in 2021. Nanopore technologies refer to the next-generation molecule sequencing methods that are generally used for analyzing ribonucleic acid (RNA) or deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) fragments. It involves the utilization of sequencing devices that contain nano-sized pores embedded in an electro-resistant membrane for determining the sequence and modifications of the bases. Along with this, it aids in the real-time analysis of the sequence of nucleotides with accurate data of short to long fragments of native RNA or DNA. As a result, it is extensively utilized by scientific researchers to study the biology of animals, plants, pathogens and humans.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Nanopore Technologies Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising demand for DNA sequencing. This is impelled by the growing need for new treatment methods due to the escalating prevalence of viral diseases among the masses. In line with this, the rapid outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has further propelled the market growth. Since nanopore technologies offer direct molecular analysis in a time- and cost-efficient manner while generating accurate results, this is providing a boost to their uptake. Along with this, extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted for studying novel virus variants are creating a positive market outlook. Furthermore, continual technological advancements, such as the integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) and computational intelligence with nanopore technology, are considered to be major growth-inducing factors. Additionally, the widespread adoption of nanopore technology in the development of semiconductor-based silicon molecular detectors for performing sequencing is significantly contributing to the market. Other factors, including the increasing number of research centers and laboratories, miniaturization of nanopore devices, and continuous improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, are also favorably impacting the market. On account of the aforementioned factors,the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 476.6 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 13.7% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into instruments (portable and benchtop) and consumables.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into DNA sequencing, RNA sequencing and others.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been categorized into hospitals and clinics, research institutes and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.Some of these players include Agilent Technologies Inc., Cyclomics BV, Electronic Biosciences Inc., Inanobio Inc., Nabsys Inc., Ontera Inc., Oxford Nanopore Technologies Limited, Pacific Biosciences of California Inc., Quantapore Inc., Roche Holding AG and Tracxn Technologies Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal