IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Nanoporous Membranes Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global nanoporous membranes market size reached US$ 763.2 Million in 2021. Nanoporous membranes refer to materials that are engineered to mimic natural filtration systems. They are characterized by pores with diameters between about 1 and 100 nm. They are available in organic, inorganic, and hybrid variants and are widely used to separate liquid or gaseous mixtures. Compared to conventional water treatment technologies, they offer low energy consumption, high efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and operation at room temperature. They assist in filtering numerous impurities, such as salts, microbes, pollutants, organic molecules, and metallic ions, from wastewater. As a result, nanoporous membranes find extensive applications in water purification, electrocatalysis, nanodevice fabrication, energy, environmental science, and analytical science.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Nanoporous Membranes Market Trends:
The surging need for wastewater treatment to eliminate minute contaminants due to the depleting freshwater sources represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the increasing adoption of biological water treatment technologies across various industries is another major growth-inducing factor. In addition, the implementation of stringent government regulations on industries utilizing water in huge volumes regarding wastewater treatment before releasing it back into the environment has augmented the product demand. Apart from this, the emerging biomedical applications of nanoporous membranes in drug delivery, bioartificial organs, biosensing, single molecular analysis, immunoisolation, and separation and sorting of biomolecules have accelerated the product adoption rate. Furthermore, researchers are developing specialized nanoporous adsorbent products for use in the electronics manufacturing and biomedical sectors. In line with this, recent advancements in production technologies and extensive investments in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce innovative product variants have catalyzed market growth. Other factors, including the escalating product demand from the chemical sector, surging public and private funding for water treatment plants, rising water salination activities, and increasing applications in the food processing industry, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 1,184.50 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 7.10% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the material type, the market has been segmented into organic, inorganic, and hybrid.
- On the basis of the fabrication method, the market has been divided into phase inversion, interfacial polymerization, track-etching, and electrospinning.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into water treatment, fuel cells, biomedical, food processing, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Alfa Laval AB, Applied Membranes Inc., AXEON Water Technologies, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Hunan Keensen Technology Co. Ltd., Inopor GmbH (Rauschert GmbH), InRedox LLC, Koch Separation Solutions (Koch Industries Inc.), Nitto Denko Corporation, Osmotech Membranes Pvt. Ltd., SiMPore Inc., and SmartMembranes GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800