According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Narcotics Scanner Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global narcotics scanner market reached a value of US$ 6.32 Billion in 2021. A narcotics scanner refers to a specialized security equipment that is generally used for detecting narcotics and hazardous materials. It is mainly equipped with infrared spectroscopy and video scope inspection system and utilizes the ion mobility spectrum technology that facilitates effective tracking of the drugs. It aids in scanning directly through the glass or plastic packaging, thereby minimizing the occurrence of contamination and preserving evidence while reducing the chance of exposure. As a result, it is widely utilized by specialty forces to ensure the security and safety against drug smuggling threats and illicit consumption of amphetamine, cocaine and opiates.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Narcotics Scanner Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing incidences of drug smuggling. Coupled with the growing violation of drug control regulations, this is one of the major factors contributing to the widespread adoption of narcotics scanners across the globe. This has encouraged law enforcement officials to heavily spend in the deployment of narcotics scanners, thereby catalyzing the market growth. In line with this, numerous initiatives undertaken by the governments of several countries to improve physical security in order to restrain the drug supply are providing a boost to the market. Moreover, continual technological advancements in narcotics scanner systems are creating a positive market outlook. Furthermore, the rising spending by public and private agencies to improve the overall airport infrastructure is impacting the market favorably. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, the introduction of portable narcotics scanners, the increasing cargo trade via sea and air, the growing production and distribution of illegal drugs, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 9.26 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.51% during 2022-2027.????
- On the basis of product type, the market has been segmented into handheld, tabletop and walkthrough scanners.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segregated into ion mobility spectrum technology, contraband detection equipment, videoscope inspection system and infrared spectroscopy.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been categorized into airport, public transportation, defense and military, law enforcement and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Autoclear, Aventura Technologies Inc., B&W Tek (Metrohm AG), Bruker Corporation, Kapri Corp., Klipper Enterprises, Leidos, Matrix Security & Surveillance Pvt ltd, Rapiscan Systems (OSI Systems Inc), Smiths Group Plc, Teledyne FLIR LLC (Teledyne Technologies Incorporated), Thermo fisher Scientific Inc. and Viken Detection.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800