According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Newborn Screening Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the global newborn screening market size reached US$ 956 Million in 2022. Newborn screening refers to a set of laboratory evaluations and point-of-care examinations for the early detection, diagnosis, and intervention of genetic, metabolic, blood, or hormone-related disorders that may not be immediately apparent after birth. The goal is to identify diseases that cause significant morbidity, mortality, and intellectual disability (ID) early so that treatment can begin as soon as possible before symptoms appear. The newborn screening process typically involves the collection of a small sample of blood from the baby's heel to conduct a simple blood test. In the next step, the blood is tested for a number of conditions, including metabolic disorders, endocrine disorders, and blood disorders, including phenylketonuria (PKU), cystic fibrosis, and sickle cell anemia. In the event that a newborn's screening test indicates a genetic disorder, further testing is required to be performed to confirm the diagnosis so that the baby can then receive appropriate treatment and follow-up care.
Global Newborn Screening Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the rising concerns regarding children's health among parents, particularly new parents. This can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of congenital conditions among infants. In line with this, the increasing awareness regarding the importance of early detection and diagnosis for facilitating prompt medical intervention and treatment is also providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, continual advancements in medical technology and genetic testing, enabling healthcare professionals to screen for a wider range of disorders than ever before, is also creating lucrative opportunities in the market. Besides this, the augmenting adoption of newborn screening programs by various governments and healthcare organizations is also impacting the market positively. Continual product innovations, such as the introduction of next-generation sequencing and tandem mass spectrometry with enhanced accuracy and speed of screening, are further creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, the growing availability of direct-to-consumer genetic testing, along with an enhanced focus on personalized medicine, is enabling tailored treatments to the specific genetic makeup of individual patients, thereby fueling the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include the rising medical expenditure, rapid digitization, increasing penetration of high-speed internet and online health communities, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 1,467 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into instruments and reagents. Among these, instruments hold the largest market share.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been divided into tandem mass spectrometry, pulse oximetry, enzyme based assay, DNA assay, electrophoresis, and others. Among these, tandem mass spectrometry holds the largest market share.
- Based on the test type, the market has been categorized into dry blood spot test, CCHD, and hearing screen. Among these, dry blood spot test holds the largest market share.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America holds the largest market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Agilent Technologies Inc., Baebies Inc., Bio-RAD Laboratories Inc., Chromsystems Instruments & Chemicals GmbH, Danaher Corporation, Masimo Corporation, Medtronic plc, Natus Medical Incorporated, Perkinelmer Inc., RECIPE Chemicals + Instruments GmbH, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Trivitron Healthcare, and Waters Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Technology, Test Type, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agilent Technologies Inc., Baebies Inc., Bio-RAD Laboratories Inc., Chromsystems Instruments & Chemicals GmbH, Danaher Corporation, Masimo Corporation, Medtronic plc, Natus Medical Incorporated, Perkinelmer Inc., RECIPE Chemicals + Instruments GmbH, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Trivitron Healthcare and Waters Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800