According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global NGS market reached a value of US$ 17.0 Billion in 2022. Next-generation sequencing (NGS) refers to the technology used for determining the sequence of nucleotides in deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) genomes. NGS studies the genetic variation in the samples of specific diseases or other biological phenomena. It is a cost-effective solution that enables the interrogation of multiple genes in a single sequencing run. As compared to traditional sequencing methods, NGS provides more accurate results with higher precision and speed. It also requires lower sample input, which facilitates research in personalized and genetic medicines, clinical diagnostics, and agriculture and animal studies.
Global Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Trends:
The increasing prevalence of chronic ailments and the widespread adoption of genome mapping programs to predict disease development are majorly driving the global NGS market growth. Additionally, rapid technological innovations in sequencers, such as the large-scale integration with cloud-computing systems for improved data management, are contributing to the market growth. The introduction of such products has prompted competitive players to invest in research and development (R&D) activities to develop efficient and portable NGS systems, which is further catalyzing the market growth. Moreover, rising expenditure in sequencing chemistry, molecular biology, and technical engineering is creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the sequencing type, the market has been segmented into whole genome sequencing, targeted resequencing, whole exome, RNA, CHIP, de novo, methyl sequencing, and others.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into instruments, reagents and consumables, and software and services.
- Based on the technology, the market has been classified into sequencing by synthesis, ion semiconductor sequencing, single-molecule real-time sequencing, nanopore sequencing, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into biomarker and cancer, drug discovery and personalized medicine, genetic screening, diagnostics, agriculture and animal research, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into academic institutes and research centers, hospitals and clinics, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Agilent Technologies, Becton Dickinson and Company, 10x Genomics, BGI Group, Eurofins Scientific, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Illumina Inc., Genewiz, Macrogen, Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Pacific Biosciences, PerkinElmer, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Qiagen N.V., GenapSys Inc., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Sequencing Type, Product Type, Technology, Application, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agilent Technologies, Becton Dickinson and Company, 10x Genomics, BGI Group, Eurofins Scientific, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Illumina Inc., Genewiz, Macrogen, Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Pacific Biosciences, PerkinElmer, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Qiagen N.V. and GenapSys Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800