According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Night Vision Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global night vision devices market reached a value of US$ 9.5 Billion in 2021. Night vision devices (NVDs) are optoelectronic instruments designed to monitor objects in low light conditions. Generally consisting of cameras, scopes, and goggles, they are used in hunting, security, navigation, military, wildlife observation, and surveillance applications. NVDs are manufactured using an objective lens, image intensifier tube (IIT) screen, eyepieces, and power sources. These components assist in amplifying the gamma, infrared, and ultraviolet (UV) light to produce an accurate and user-friendly image in a dark environment. NVDs are cost-effective and offer high resolution and low-light sensitivity, due to which they are extensively used in aerial vehicles, ground defense, and marine containers.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Night Vision Devices Market Trends:
The widespread product utilization in defense and military sectors across the globe is one of the key factors driving the market growth. NVDs are widely used to navigate, observe, detect, and target intruders and trespassers. In line with this, the rising terrorist threats and unlawful activities have mandated safety and security screening at airports, railway stations, stadiums, border checkpoints, and other public areas, which is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the launch of drones enabled with night vision cameras to identify locations with huge public gatherings and monitor social distancing standards during the COVID-19 pandemic is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the integration of near-infrared technology in NVDs to aim at the target with greater accuracy and track motions in darkness is providing an impetus to the market growth. Besides this, the development of innovative product variants with enhanced designs, widespread product adoption by wildlife biologists and photographers, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the implementation of various government initiatives to upgrade weapons and devices to enhance the navigation, surveillance, and targeting capabilities are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 13.8 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.2% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the device, the market has been divided into goggles, cameras, scopes, and others. Currently, goggles represent the most popular night vision devices.
- Based on technology, the market has been divided into image intensifier, thermal imaging, and infrared illumination. At present, image intensifier represents the largest segment.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been divided into military and civil segments. The military segment currently accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- On a regional basis, the market is dominated by North America (the United States and Canada), followed by Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being FLIR Systems, Inc., L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Elbit Systems of America, LLC, American Technologies Network Corporation
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800