According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Non-GMO Food Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global non-GMO food market reached a value of US$ 1.9 Billion in 2021. Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) include plants, animals, or microorganisms whose genetic material has been altered artificially via engineering techniques or genetic modification. These organisms are employed in the agriculture sector to increase crop protection by introducing resistance against plant diseases, which are caused by insects or viruses or through increased tolerance towards herbicides. However, due to the unavailability of data about their safety, there is a rise in the demand for non-GMO food products across the globe. As a result, leading food and beverage companies are introducing products made from non-GMO raw ingredients to expand their consumer base.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Non-GMO Food Market Trends:
As non-GMO food products are eco-friendly, their adoption is increasing around the world, especially among the vegan and vegetarian population. Moreover, various companies are using non-GMO ingredients for manufacturing baby or infant food. Apart from this, several organizations, including GMO Inside, Non-GMO Project, and Organic Consumers Association, have undertaken initiatives to provide information about the presence of GMO ingredients in various food products. These initiatives have increased awareness among consumers, which, in turn, is offering lucrative growth opportunities to leading brands for diversifying their market by expanding their product portfolio and increasing their overall revenue. For example, Cargill Incorporated, a privately held American corporation, introduced numerous non-GMO ingredients, including starches, sweetener, texturizers, oils, cocoa, and chocolate, to meet the continuously rising consumer demand. Looking forward, the market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 14.19% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segmented into cereals and grains, liquor, meat and poultry, bakery products, edible oils, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into beverages, meat products, fruits and vegetables, dairy alternatives, animal feed, and others.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the distribution channel into food service, supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Amy's Kitchen, Inc., Blue Diamond Growers, Clif Bar & Company, Chiquita Brands International Sarl, The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., Nature's Path Foods Inc., NOW Health Group, Inc., Organic Valley, Pernod Ricard SA, and United Natural Foods, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800