According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Non-PVC IV Bags Market: Global Industry, Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global non-PVC IV bags market reached a value of US$ 1.56 Billion in 2021. Non-polyvinyl chloride (PVC) intravenous (IV) bags are manufactured using polypropylene, polyethylene, copolyester-ether, and ethylene-vinyl acetate films. They are widely used for packaging rehydration solutions and storing analgesics and antibiotics for medical usage. Non-PVC IV bags are also used in cold storage without inhibiting the quality and shelf-life of the stored items. They are safe, lightweight, convenient, and consist of a multilayer film that is highly compatible with hazardous medications. As compared to traditional IV bags, non-PVC IV bags offer enhanced protection against contamination, reduced formation of unwanted substances, and easier disposal. As a result, they find extensive applications in oncology, parenteral nutrition, chemotherapy, nutrient injection and targeted drug delivery applications.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Non-PVC IV Bags Market Trends:
The increasing incidences of cancer and hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) across the globe are creating a positive outlook for the market. Non-PVC IV bags are widely used in chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition to administer medications through an IV route. In line with this, the rising number of hospital admissions and widespread adoption of single-chambered bags in IV drips due to their convenience of transportation, management and disposal are favoring the market growth. Apart from this, various product innovations, such as the introduction of a non-PVC solid-liquid double chamber bag with higher barrier properties that are used to administer multiple drugs simultaneously, such as powdered antibiotics and sterile liquid, are providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the extensive product employment in blood banks for storing frozen mixtures and the rising demand for blood and blood component storage solutions are positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the extensive research and development (R&D) activities, the introduction of customized non-PVC IV bags, and significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 2.47 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 7.70% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been classified into ethylene-vinyl acetate, copolyester-ether, polypropylene, and others.
- Based on the product, the market has been segregated into multi-chamber and single chamber.
- On the basis of the content, the market has been bifurcated into frozen and liquid mixtures.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into chemotherapy, targeted drug delivery, glucose injection, sodium chloride solution, electrolyte injection, nutrient injection, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, clinics, emergency service centers, ambulatory surgical centers, and others.
- Based on region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, JW Life Science Co. Ltd., Kraton Corporation (DL Chemical Co. Ltd.), Medline Industries LP, Persico S.p.a., Sealed Air Corporation and Sippex IV bags.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal