According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Nonwoven Fabrics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global nonwoven fabrics market reached a value of US$ 39.8 Billion in 2021. Nonwoven fabrics refer to flexible, porous and cohesive textile materials that are fabricated through a series of production steps. These steps generally consist of fibrous web formation and bonding or entangling of fibers in the web form for converting them as per the customer requirements. They usually consist of one or more layers of patterned fabrics that are placed together by entangling filaments using thermal, mechanical and chemical processes. In comparison to knitted or woven fabrics, these materials are widely available in multiple variations that differ on the basis of their stiffness and thickness while being relatively cost-effective. The demand for nonwoven fabrics is increasing due to their excellent absorbency, flame retardancy and filtering properties.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Nonwoven Fabrics Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the augmenting product demand from the healthcare industry. This is supported by the rising utilization of nonwoven fabrics in the manufacturing of medical gowns and drapes generally worn by surgeons in order to prevent infections, which is creating a positive market outlook. In line with this, the growing demand for face masks on account of the rapid outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has propelled the market growth. The absorbent core offered by nonwoven fabrics is highly suitable for the production of diapers, sanitary napkins and incontinence products that aid in slowing down the leakage process while increasing the absorption rate, which is further favorably impacting the product uptake. Moreover, the widespread product adoption for geotextile applications due to the rising infrastructural development projects, such as railways, highways and roadways, across numerous countries is significantly supporting the product demand. Additionally, continuous technological advancements and the escalating adoption of airlaid technology in the manufacturing of nonwoven fabrics, are acting as major growth-inducing factors. Other factors, including continual improvements in the textile industry, rapid industrialization and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 57.9 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.4% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been segmented into polyester, polypropylene, polyethylene, rayon and others.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segregated into spun bond, wet laid, dry laid and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into personal care and hygiene, filtration, healthcare, automotive, building and construction, and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj, Berry Global Group Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Fitesa S.A. and Affiliates (Petropar SA), Freudenberg Performance Materials SE & Co. KG, Johns Manville Corporation (Berkshire Hathaway), Kimberly-Clark Corporation, PFNonwovens Czech s.r.o. (PFNonwovens Holding s.r.o), Suominen Oyj, Toray Industries Inc. and TWE GmbH & Co. KG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800