The latest report by IMARC, titled “Offshore Helicopter Services Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the global offshore helicopter services market size reached US$ 2.5 Billion in 2022. Offshore helicopter services refer to the practice of transporting personnel from onshore bases to offshore drilling rigs, platforms and vessels. Offshore tasks performed by helicopters include examination of wind farms, transportation of key personnel, search and rescue missions, and various ship operations. These services comprise a ground station, processor, combat cabinet, transceiver, and power supply. They are extensively used for relocation, production, drilling, decommissioning, and transporting supplies and equipment during construction and subsea exploration. They also offer services to oil and gas rigs, and offshore windfarms by delivering urgent supplies, evacuating individuals in medical emergencies, and transporting crew to the platform. In recent years, offshore helicopter services have gained momentum as they ensure operational efficiency and safety, and increase situational awareness, resulting in lesser accidents and operational costs.
Global Offshore Helicopter Services Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the extensive growth in the offshore wind power industry. Additionally, offshore helicopter services are used to transfer the crew to the platforms for the maintenance of the wind turbines as they face rougher, corrosive, and harsher environments, thus creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, the rising demand for helicopter emergency medical services (HEMS) is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the introduction of lightweight and highly autonomous helicopters that provide faster, more reliable, and user-friendly technologies are propelling the market growth. In line with this, there has been escalating demand for exploration activities, along with ultra- and deep-water activities. Along with this, the integration of the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence, and real-time data in helicopter services to increase safety and assist pilots in decision-making during flights is creating lucrative growth opportunities for key players operating in the industry. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 3.1 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 3.2% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into light, and medium and heavy helicopters.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into drilling, production, relocation and decommissioning, and others.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been segmented into oil and gas industry, offshore wind power industry, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analzyed, with some of the key players being Airbus SE, Bristow Group Inc., CHC Helicopter, Falcon Aviation Services, Gulf Helicopters, Heligo Charters Pvt. Ltd., Héli-Union, Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, NHV Group, Omni Helicopters International S.A., and Petroleum Helicopters International Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Application, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Airbus SE, Bristow Group Inc., CHC Helicopter, Falcon Aviation Services, Gulf Helicopters, Heligo Charters Pvt. Ltd., Héli-Union, Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, NHV Group, Omni Helicopters International S.A. and Petroleum Helicopters International Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800