According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global oligonucleotide synthesis market reached a value of US$ 2.7 Billion in 2022. Oligonucleotide synthesis is the chemical amalgam of short fragments of the nucleic acids produced through enzymatic chemistry and genetic engineering. The technique is beneficial in current laboratories for diagnostics, academic, industrial, and therapeutic applications. Oligonucleotide synthesis provides rapid and inexpensive access to custom-made oligonucleotides for various end users through Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) synthesizers for self-consumption. It is used to develop primers and probes in recombinant DNA technologies to develop monoclonal antibodies. Oligonucleotide synthesis is also utilized in biological, medical, forensic, and clinical applications for gene expression, cloning, molecular diagnostics, and genetic disease screening.
Global Oligonucleotide Synthesis Market Trends:
The rapid outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and an imminent need for a potential treatment represent one of the key factors driving the market growth. This is further facilitated by the ongoing development efforts of mRNA and DNA vaccines as a cure to the disease. The market is also driven by the increasing requirement to develop novel diagnostic techniques and effective therapies to treat chronic ailments. The rising geriatric population and the demand for personalized medicines are acting as another major growth-inducing factor. In addition to this, advances in purification and quality control technologies are enabling a significant reduction in the overall cost of oligonucleotide techniques while substantially increasing the quality and yield. This, in turn, is promoting the application of oligonucleotide synthesis in a range of available modifications, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, such as extensive research and development (R&D) activities and the introduction of various oligonucleotide-based therapies to treat viral infections, rare genetic disorders, and neuromuscular conditions, are contributing to the market growth. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.76% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into synthesized oligonucleotide products, reagents, equipment and services.
- Based on end use, the market has been classified into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, hospital and diagnostic laboratories and academic research institutes.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into PCR primers, PCR assays and panels, sequencing, DNA microarrays, Fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH), antisense oligonucleotides and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been spread across North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Agilent Technologies Inc., Biolegio B.V., Bio-Synthesis Inc, Eurofins Genomics, GenScript, Horizon Discovery Ltd, Integrated DNA Technologies Inc (Danaher Corporation), Kaneka Eurogentec S.A. (Kaneka Corporation), LGC Limited, Nitto Denko Avecia Inc (Nitto Denko Corporation) and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Application, End Use, Region
||North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agilent Technologies Inc., Biolegio B.V., Bio-Synthesis Inc, Eurofins Genomics, GenScript, Horizon Discovery Ltd, Integrated DNA Technologies Inc (Danaher Corporation), Kaneka Eurogentec S.A. (Kaneka Corporation), LGC Limited, Nitto Denko Avecia Inc (Nitto Denko Corporation) and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800