The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Omega 3 Supplements Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global omega 3 supplements market size reached US$
7.3 Billion in 2022. Omega-3 fatty acids are necessary fats found naturally in foods like nuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, kidney beans, flaxseed oil, leafy vegetables, fish, and vegetable oils. Their deficiency can lead to inflammation, dry and irritated skin and eyes, depression, and arthritis. Nowadays, there has been an escalating demand for over-the-counter (OTC) supplements that contain different forms of omega-3s, including free fatty acids, ethyl esters, phospholipids, and natural and re-esterified triglycerides, which help build and maintain a healthy body.
Global Omega 3 Supplements Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of omega-3 deficiency among individuals. In addition, the growing consumer inclination toward dietary supplements due to the increasing health conditions caused by stress, aging, sedentary lifestyles, and other hereditary factors are contributing to market growth. Moreover, omega-3 is essential for improving cardiovascular health and communication between brain cells. This, coupled with the increasing prevalence of heart diseases and the rising awareness regarding cognitive health, is augmenting the market growth. Besides this, omega-3 fatty acid supplements are widely adopted by individuals in their daily diet as they assist in keeping the lining of the arteries smooth and free from damage, decreasing the risk of blood clots, and lowering triglyceride levels. Furthermore, manufacturers are offering sustainably sourced plant-based variants to cater to the dietary requirements of omega-3 among the vegan population, which is also creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$
11.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of
8% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the source, the market has been segmented into fish oil, krill oil, algae oil, and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been divided into tablets, capsules, soft gels, and others.
- Based on the functionality, the market has been categorized into cardiovascular health, brain, nervous system and mental health, eye diseases, diabetes, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into OTC and prescribed.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been classified into adults, geriatric, pregnant women, children, and infants.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being 1-800-Flowers.com Inc., Aker BioMarine ASA, Carlson Labs, Green Pasture Products LLC, KD Pharma Group, Natrol LLC, Nordic Naturals Inc., Now Foods, NutriGold Inc., OmegaBrite, Optimum Nutrition Inc. (Glanbia Performance Nutrition Inc.), Pharma Nord and The Bountiful Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800