The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Online Movie Ticketing Services Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global online movie ticketing services market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Online movie ticketing service is a software solution that allows customers to book movie tickets via the internet. The tickets are reserved with the help of various applications on mobile devices such as laptops, smartphones, and personal computers (PCs). The system allows customers to browse ongoing movies nearby and book seats according to their convenience. Online movie ticketing service also enables users to make payments digitally through the website and other channels from any place or at any given time. In addition to this, online movie ticketing services also allow users to check the availability of screenings and select the desired seats for their preferred movie show.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Online Movie Ticketing Services Market Trends:
The market is driven by the growing digitization and penetration of smart devices that facilitate online movie booking services. These services are relatively convenient, hassle-free, and provide faster payment options. The rapid urbanization, rising disposable incomes and improved lifestyles have also prompted individuals to shift toward online movie booking services. Besides this, service providers are improving their website interface and mobile applications to make it more user-friendly. They are also introducing enhanced features, such as virtual view-from-seat option, easy booking refunding and in-seat food delivery, to enhance customer experience. Moreover, the frequent release of movies, the growing popularity of online transactions, and the launch of new movie theatres and multiplexes are creating new opportunities for the online movie ticketing services market. Furthermore, with the growing environmental concerns regarding the wastage of paper tickets, customers are increasingly adopting online ticketing apps as an eco-friendly alternative. On account of these factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the device, the market has been segmented into desktop and mobile devices.
- On the basis of the genre, the market has been classified into drama, adventure, comedy, thriller, suspense and horror, action, and other movie genres.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into cinema, entertainment places, shopping malls, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being AOL Inc. (Verizon Media), Atom Tickets LLC, Bigtree Entertainment Private Limited (BookMyShow Inc.), Carnival Cinemas, Cinemark Holdings Inc., Cineplex Inc., INOX Leisure Limited, Kyazoonga (Zoonga), Moviefone Inc. (Cleveland LLC), Movietickets Inc. (Fandango Media LLC), Mtime (Wanda), One97 Communications Limited, PVR Limited, and VOX Cinemas.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800