According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Ophthalmic Lasers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global ophthalmic lasers market size reached US$ 1190.4 Million in 2020. An ophthalmic laser is a type of medical equipment used to cure ophthalmic disorders and treat cells present in the eye. The laser beam emits a bright, monochromatic light that focuses on a specific location in the eye. Other than the laser beam, it also includes a laser pump, cooling system, laser medium, laser cavity, and a slit lamp biomicroscope. These lasers offer pain-free procedures and are easily available, accurate, low-cost, safe to operate, and convenient to use. Ophthalmic lasers are used for performing various procedures, such as cataract surgery, posterior capsulotomy, retinal photocoagulation, laser trabeculoplasty, and laser iridotomy.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Ophthalmic Lasers Market Trends:
The global ophthalmic lasers market is being driven by the increasing demand for cost-effective, pain-free ophthalmic treatments. In confluence with this, the rising prevalence of chronic and communicable eye diseases has led to the escalating requirement for effective laser eye procedures to prevent permanent blindness and other vision impairments. Additionally, the demand for ophthalmic lasers is catalyzed by the growing geriatric population, which suffers from several age-related problems, such as glaucoma, diabetic eye diseases, and cataracts. Moreover, technological advancements in surgical procedures have enhanced the accuracy and success rates of ophthalmic laser surgeries, which is creating a positive impact on the market further. Apart from this, rising regulatory approvals for new products, extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the eye-care segment, escalating concerns for vision-health management, and the rising establishment of ophthalmic clinics and hospitals are contributing to the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 1501.5 Million by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 3.80% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into diode lasers, femtosecond lasers, excimer lasers, Nd: YAG lasers, SLT lasers, and others.
- Based on the indication, the market has been segmented into glaucoma, cataract removal, refractive error corrections, diabetic retinopathy, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into hospitals, eye clinics and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been spread across North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Alcon Laboratories Inc. (Novartis AG), Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision Inc., Bausch + Lomb, Ellex Medical Lasers Limited, IRIDEX Corporation, Lumenis, Topcon, A.R.C. Laser, Abbott Medical Optics, Calmar Laser, Carl Zeiss Meditec, Meridian, Nidek, Optos, Quantel, and Ziemer.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal