According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Optical Imaging System Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global optical imaging system market size grew at a CAGR of around 6% during 2015-2020. Optical imaging uses light and special photon properties to non-invasively generate accurate images of organs and tissues and smaller structures like cells and molecules. These images are utilized by scientists for research studies and by physicians for diagnosing and treating different diseases. Some of the common examples of optical imaging systems include endoscopy, photoacoustic imaging, terahertz tomography, diffuse optical tomography (DOT), and optical coherence tomography.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Optical Imaging Market Trends:
The global optical imaging market is witnessing growth due to the rising prevalence of cancer and the increasing geriatric population. Optical imaging techniques help in effectively evaluating the highly metabolic tissue that might contain cancerous cells. Besides this, the escalating demand for non-invasive procedures and better alternatives for radiation-based imaging techniques is driving the market growth across the globe. Moreover, increasing investments in research and development (R&D) activities in the field of life sciences is contributing the market growth. Product innovations, such as the development of miniature scanning laser microscopes to combine high-resolution images, are creating a positive outlook for the market further. Looking forward, the market value is expected to exhibit moderate growth during 2021-2026.
- Based on the technique, the market has been divided into optical coherence tomography, hyperspectral imaging, near-infrared spectroscopy, photoacoustic tomography and others.
- On the basis of the products, the market is segregated as imaging systems, software, lenses, illumination systems, cameras and others.
- According to the therapeutic area, the market has been segmented into neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, cardiology, dentistry, and dermatology.
- Base on the application, the market has been segregated into pre-clinical and clinical research, pathological imaging and intra-operative imaging.
- On the basis of the end user, the market is segmented into hospitals and clinics, research and diagnostic laboratories, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- On a regional basis, the market has been spread across North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Bioptigen Inc. (Leica Microsystems), Canon Inc., Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Headwall Photonics Inc., Heidelberg Engineering Inc., Koninklijke Philips, Optovue Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., St. Jude Medical Inc. and Topcon Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal