According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Optical Switches Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global optical switches market reached a value of US$ 6.4 Billion in 2022. Optical switches are vital components in the field of networking. They are mainly designed in a multi-port network bridge form that is generally used to link multiple optic fibers and amplify the optical signal. Along with this, they are also utilized as a piece of networking equipment that are placed in-between optic fibers, which are intended for transmitting signals while controlling the data packets routing between outputs and inputs. The demand for optical switches is increasing across the globe due to their rising adoption in a wide range of applications, such as microsystems, networks and optical communications.
Global Optical Switches Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by significant growth in the telecommunication industry. Coupled with the augmenting preference for high bandwidth and data transfer rates among the masses, this is providing a boost to the demand for optical switches. Besides this, the widespread adoption of automation across different industry verticals due to rapid digitization is creating a positive market outlook. Since optical switches aid in increasing the fiber transmission capacity while distributing optical signals to different subscribers in a cost-efficient manner, this is providing an impetus to the market. Furthermore, the rising investments by leading players in product innovations and various technological advancements in the manufacturing processes are also acting as major growth-inducing factors. In addition to this, the growing infrastructural development projects related to data centers across several countries are contributing to the product demand. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, the escalating product adoption for network failure recovery across the industrial sector and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are further favorably impacting the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 12.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into electro-optic switching, acousto-optic switching, thermo-optic switching, liquid crystal-based switching, mems-based switching and others.
- Based on the enterprise size, the market has been segregated into small and medium-sized enterprises and large enterprises.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into circuit switching, testing, multiplexing, cross-connects and signal monitoring.
- Based on the industry vertical, the market has been categorized into government and defense, IT and telecom, BFSI, retail, manufacturing and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Agiltron Inc., D-Link Corporation, EMCORE Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Juniper Networks Inc., Keysight Technologies Inc., Nokia Corporation, NTT Advanced Technology Corporation (The Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation), OMRON Corporation and Yokogawa Electric Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Enterprise Size, Application, Industry Vertical, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agiltron Inc., D-Link Corporation, EMCORE Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Juniper Networks Inc., Keysight Technologies Inc., Nokia Corporation, NTT Advanced Technology Corporation (The Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation), OMRON Corporation and Yokogawa Electric Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800