According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Optogenetics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global optogenetics market reached a value of US$ 31.5 Billion in 2021. Optogenetics is a biological technique that uses a combination of light and genetic engineering to control the cells of the brain. It has become prevalent and is now used in brain research laboratories worldwide. Optogenetics is a neuromodulator method that uses a combination of optics and genetics techniques to control individual neurons' activities in living tissue, even within freely-moving animals. There have been rapid advances in optogenetics, including the advent of wireless microchips, that might aid in providing a suitable treatment option for depression and Parkinson's.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Optogenetics Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of neurological disorders. In line with this, rapid technological advances in the healthcare sector are creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, extensive research and development (R&D) in the field of optogenetics are positively influencing the market. Apart from this, continual improvements and technical developments in toolsets, such as neural connectivity, neural recording, imaging tools, and cell phenotyping tools, are catalyzing the demand for optogenetics in neuroscience. Moreover, a strong focus on testing novel therapies for cardiac abnormalities is propelling the market. Besides this, the rising geriatric population with vision-related disorders is strengthening the market. Additionally, the growing number of people affected by addiction, mood disorders, depression, and anxiety is providing a boost to the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 85.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 17.30% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the light equipment type, the market has been segmented into light-emitting diode (LED) and laser.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into neuroscience, behavioral tracking, retinal disease treatment, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, clinics, diagnostic, research, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Addgene, Coherent Inc., Elliot Scientific Limited, GenSight Biologics S.A., HÜBNER GmbH & Co KG, Judges Scientific plc, Laserglow Technologies, Noldus Information Technology, Regenxbio Inc., Shanghai Laser & Optics Century Co. Ltd, The Jackson Laboratory and Thorlabs Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800