According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Oral Antiseptics Market by Chemical Composition (Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Herbal and Essential Oil, and Others), Form (Solution, Gel), Distribution Channel (Drug Stores, Retail Pharmacies, Online Stores, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, and Others), Application (Dental Care, Oral Cleaning, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,” the global oral antiseptics market size reached US$ 2.39 Billion in 2022. Oral antiseptics are a type of medication that is used to kill or inhibit the growth of microorganisms in the mouth and throat. They are liquid products with various chemical compositions of active ingredients such as chlorhexidine, cetylpyridinium chloride, hydrogen peroxide, and essential oils. These products can be found in multiple forms, such as mouthwash, lozenges, sprays, and gargles, and are used to rinse the teeth, gums, and mouth. Oral antiseptics help prevent or treat oral infections, such as caries, plaque formation, gingivitis, thrush, and tonsillitis, and reduce bad breath caused by oral bacteria. They can easily reach inaccessible mouth areas that are difficult to clean with a toothbrush and are typically used in combination with regular oral hygiene practices, such as brushing and flossing.
Global Oral Antiseptics Market Trends:
The escalating consumer awareness regarding the importance of oral care and hygiene is primarily driving the market growth. Besides this, the widespread prevalence of oral and dental disorders, such as plaque, cavities, gum diseases, bad breath, tooth decay, gingivitis, and thrush, due to the changing dietary habits of the masses and increased consumption of processed foods, alcohol, tobacco, and sweets is impelling the market growth. Moreover, the escalating product utilization in dental care regimens, such as sterilizing osteonecrotic bone, irrigating extraction sockets, and harvesting bone chips, is contributing to the market growth. Concurrent with this, the rising adoption of natural and organic oral care products that act as mild antiseptics to clean minor cuts or disinfect mouth surfaces is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. In addition to this, the growing demand for breath refreshers composed of oral antiseptics with various essential oils, such as thyme, peppermint, and eucalyptus, represents another significant growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, easy product availability through proliferating e-commerce channels, the bolstering growth of the healthcare industry, and the implementation of various government initiatives promoting oral hygiene are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 3.21 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.0% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the chemical composition, the market has been segregated into chlorhexidine gluconate, cetylpyridinium chloride, herbal and essential oil, and others. Amongst these, chlorhexidine gluconate represents the largest market segment.
- Based on the form, the market is bifurcated into solution and gel. Between these, the solution accounts for the majority of the global share.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into drug stores, retail pharmacies, online stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, and others. At present, supermarkets and hypermarkets are the most popular segment.
- Based on application, the market is categorized into dental care, oral cleaning, and others. Currently, dental care dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Presently, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, Agrawal Drugs Pvt. Ltd., Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Colgate-Palmolive Company, Dentaid SL, ICM Pharma Pte. Ltd., ICPA Health Products Ltd., Johnson & Johnson, Luxica Pharma Inc., Procter & Gamble Company, Purdue Pharma L.P., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Chemical Compositions Covered
||Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Herbal and Essential Oil, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Drug Stores, Retail Pharmacies, Online Stores, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Others
||Dental Care, Oral Cleaning, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3M Company, Agrawal Drugs Pvt. Ltd., Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Colgate-Palmolive Company, Dentaid SL, ICM Pharma Pte. Ltd., ICPA Health Products Ltd., Johnson & Johnson, Luxica Pharma Inc., Procter & Gamble Company, Purdue Pharma L.P., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800