According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Oral Cancer Treatment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global oral cancer treatment market size reached US$ 1.8 Billion in 2022. Oral cancer treatment refers to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer that occurs in the tissues of lips, gums, inner lining of the cheeks, tongue, and the upper and lower floor of the mouth cavity. It comprises a wide variety of methods, such as surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation, wherein mostly X-rays are used to kill malignant cells forming tumors or lumps. It relies on various imaging tests, such as X-ray images, computerized tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and positron emission tomography (PET) scans. Oral cancer treatment is carried out by an oncologist who initially examines the affected area to spot any abnormalities, carries out testing procedures or biopsy to detect cancer cells, and suggests the appropriate treatment to prevent the spread of cancer. As it is effective in treating cancer cells in salivary glands, tonsils, pharynx, and gums, the demand for oral cancer treatment is rising across the globe.
Global Oral Cancer Treatment Market Trends:
At present, the increasing occurrence of oral cancer among the masses due to excessive smoking of cigars, cigarettes, and pipes and chewing of tobacco represents one of the primary factors influencing the market positively. Besides this, the rising adoption of smoking habits among youngsters influenced by peer pressure is propelling the growth of the market. In addition, governing agencies of various countries are investing in the improvement of healthcare infrastructure and increasing the construction of hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics to provide quality healthcare services to patients. Apart from this, the growing awareness about the early detection and treatment of oral cancer is offering a favorable market outlook. Additionally, the rising innovation and research activities by key players to develop effective and accurate treatment methods and immunotherapy drugs for oral cancer are supporting the growth of the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 2.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.50% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into oral squamous cell carcinoma, oral verrucous carcinoma, mucoepidermoid carcinoma, and oral cavity lymphomas. Oral squamous cell carcinoma currently represents the largest segment.
- Based on the treatment type, the market has been segregated into chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, surgery, and others. At present, radiation therapy holds the biggest share in the market.
- On the basis of the age group, the market has been classified into 30-49, 50-69, and above 70. Presently, 50-69 exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the end user, the market has been categorized into hospital, home care, specialty clinics, and others. Presently, hospital dominates the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these North America (the United States and Canada) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Merck & Co. Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Oral Verrucous Carcinoma, Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma, Oral Cavity Lymphomas
|Treatment Types Covered
||Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, Targeted Therapy, Surgery, Others
|Age Groups Covered
||30-49, 50-69, Above 70
||Hospital, Home Care, Specialty Clinics, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Merck & Co. Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800