According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Oral Hygiene Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global oral hygiene market size reached US$ 49.0 Billion in 2022. Oral hygiene encompasses a range of practices and products aimed at maintaining the health and cleanliness of the mouth, teeth, and gums. It involves daily routines, such as brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash to prevent the accumulation of plaque, bacteria, and other debris that can lead to dental issues like cavities, gum disease, and bad breath. Effective oral hygiene is crucial for dental health and overall well-being, as it is often interconnected with systemic health. Oral hygiene transcends the bounds of the oral cavity, extending to systemic health. Regular oral care can mitigate inflammation and bacterial proliferation, thus potentially reducing the risk of these medical ailments.
Global Oral Hygiene Market Trends:
The growing awareness among individuals about the importance of oral health and its correlation with overall health is one of the major factors contributing to the market growth. Additionally, the increasing disposable income levels of consumers, leading to a higher willingness to invest in premium oral hygiene products, is propelling the market growth. In line with this, the increasing adoption of oral hygiene as consumers seek innovative solutions that provide basic cleaning and offer advanced features like teeth whitening, sensitivity relief, and personalized care is providing a thrust to the market growth. In addition to this, the growing influence of social media and its information cycle as consumers are better informed about various oral hygiene practices and products, prompting them to seek out effective and specialized solutions, is positively impacting the market growth. In confluence with this, the rising demand for natural and organic oral hygiene products, aligning with the health and wellness of consumers, is favoring the market growth. Furthermore, the rise in endorsement of oral hygiene products by dental professionals impacting consumer purchasing decisions is providing an impetus to the market growth. Apart from this, the increasing availability and accessibility of oral hygiene products due to the expansion of distribution channels, online and offline, is creating remunerative opportunities for the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 60.9 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 3.6% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into toothpaste, toothbrushes and accessories, mouthwash/rinses, dental accessories/ancillaries, denture products, dental prosthesis cleaning solutions, and others. According to the report, toothpaste represents the largest segment.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the markets has been classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies, online stores, and others. Among these, supermarkets and hypermarkets account for the largest market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into adults, kids, and infants. According to the report, adults account for the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others) is the largest market for oral hygiene.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Colgate-Palmolive, Dabur India Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline, Henkel, The Himalaya Drug Company, Johnson & Johnson, Philips (Koninklijke Philips), Lion Corporation, Procter & Gamble, Sunstar Suisse SA and Unilever.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Distribution Channel, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Colgate-Palmolive, Dabur India Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline, Henkel, The Himalaya Drug Company, Johnson & Johnson, Philips (Koninklijke Philips), Lion Corporation, Procter & Gamble, Sunstar Suisse SA and Unilever
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800