According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Organic Dairy Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global organic dairy market reached a value of US$ 22.2 Billion in 2021. Organic dairy products are a set of consumer goods primarily manufactured by utilizing natural milk procured from livestock with the assistance of organic cultivating techniques. They mainly involve various perishable products, including milk, yogurt, cheese, butter, and cream. Organic dairy goods are rich in selenium, iron, antioxidants, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), omega-3 fatty acids, carotenoids, and iron that assist in strengthening muscles, inhibiting the risk of cancer, regulating healthy blood pressure levels, ensuring brain development, and enhancing metabolism. Apart from this, they aid in improving immunity and refueling exhausted muscles, due to which they are extensively consumed to meet individual nutritional goals.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Organic Dairy Market Trends:
The organic dairy market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of various lifestyle diseases, along with the rising health consciousness and the growing awareness amongst consumers regarding the detrimental effects associated with the consumption of conventional dairy products made using synthetic ingredients. In line with this, the widespread adoption of organic dairy products in the food and beverages (F&B) sector for producing high-quality consumer goods, including soups, dips, and sauces, which is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the fueling food safety, environmental, and animal welfare concerns have prompted governments of several nations to promote the uptake of organic farming approaches by sensitizing farmers through campaigns and providing financial support. This, in turn, is positively stimulating the market growth. Moreover, significant technological advancements have resulted in the utilization of pasteurization, homogenization, and standardization operations to enhance the quality and nutritional value of organic dairy products, which is contributing to the market growth. Other factors, such as rising disposable incomes of consumers residing in developing nations and strategic collaborations amongst key players to introduce premium, low-fat organic dairy products in innovative packaging solutions, along with their easy availability across both online and offline distribution channels, are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 34.8 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 7.9% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been classified into fluid milk, yogurt, cheese, butter, cream, and others. Amongst these, organic fluid milk currently accounts for the majority of the total global market.
- On the basis of the packaging type, the market has been segregated into pouches, tetra-packs, bottles, cans, and others. Amongst these, pouches are widely used for packaging dairy products.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been into supermarkets, hypermarkets, discount stores, convenience and grocery stores, organic specialty stores, online/e-retailing, direct sales, and others. Currently, supermarkets represent the largest segment.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these regions, Europe enjoys a leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Arla Foods A.M.B.A, Aurora Organic Dairy, Organic Valley, Horizon Organic, Whole Foods Market and Kroger.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal