According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Organic Dairy Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global organic dairy market size reached US$ 23.9 Billion in 2022. Organic dairy refers to dairy products that are sourced from animals raised in accordance with strict organic farming standards. In the context of organic dairy production, these standards encompass the entire lifecycle of the animals, from their feed to their living conditions. Organic dairy farming practices prioritize the well-being of the animals and environmental sustainability. Organic dairy farming prohibits the routine use of antibiotics and growth hormones in animal care, promoting healthier and more natural growth for the animals. It employs various practices that reduce environmental impact, such as minimizing synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, promoting biodiversity, and conserving natural resources. With its emphasis on purity and ethical farming, represents a segment of the dairy industry that resonates with those seeking a more conscientious choice in their food consumption.
Global Organic Dairy Market Trends:
The increasing awareness of the potential health benefits of organic dairy products among the masses is driving the global market. Moreover, the rising concerns about the environmental impact of conventional farming practices have led consumers to support organic agriculture. Organic dairy farms often employ sustainable methods that minimize chemical usage, promote biodiversity, and protect natural resources, resonating with eco-conscious consumers. Besides, stringent regulations and certifications ensure the authenticity of organic dairy products. Consumers trust these certifications, which provide a competitive advantage to organic dairy in the marketplace. Furthermore, consumers are more likely to choose organic dairy products because they are sourced from farms that prioritize the well-being of their animals, offering pasture access and prohibiting the use of growth hormones and routine antibiotics. Also, major companies have diversified beyond traditional milk to include products including yogurt, cheese, and butter. This product expansion appeals to a broader consumer base and drives market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 36.0 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into organic fluid milk, organic yogurt, organic cheese, organic butter, organic cream, and others. Currently, organic fluid milk represents the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the packaging type, the market has been divided into pouches, tetra-packs, bottles, cans, and others. Among these, pouches exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into supermarkets, hypermarkets, discount stores, convenience and grocery stores, organic specialty stores, online/e-retailing, direct sales, and others. Among these, supermarkets accounts for the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Among these, Europe holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Arla Foods A.M.B.A, Aurora Organic Dairy, Organic Valley, Horizon Organic, Whole Foods Market and Kroger.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||US$ Billion, Million Tons
||Product Type, Packaging Type, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Arla Foods A.M.B.A, Aurora Organic Dairy, Organic Valley, Horizon Organic, Whole Foods Market and Kroger
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800