According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Organic and Natural Pet Food Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global organic and natural pet food market size reached US$ 22.80 Billion in 2020. Organic and natural pet food refers to the various energy-rich food products that are manufactured using organic ingredients to meet the nutritional requirements of pet animals. They are free from synthetic colors, pesticides, antibiotics, fertilizers, preservatives, chemical by-products and genetically modified ingredients. They commonly consist of natural ingredients, such as fish, animal, fruit and vegetable derivatives, cereal and cereal by-products, fats and oils, and vitamins and minerals. Their consumption assists the pets in improving digestive processes, boosting overall health, minimizing the chances of developing allergies, maintaining a healthy weight and enhancing their quality of life.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Organic and Natural Pet Food Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing rates of pet ownership across the globe. Facilitated by the rising number of nuclear families, improving living standards of the masses and inflating disposable income levels, there is a steadily increasing demand for superior quality pet food on the global level. Along with this, there has been an enhanced focus on pet health and wellness, especially due to the rising trend of pet humanization. This, coupled with the easy availability of pet food across both the online and offline organized retail sectors, is providing a boost to the sales of organic and natural pet food. The market is further driven by the escalating number of advertisements and celebrity endorsements pertaining to pet health awareness. In addition to this, numerous government and non-government organizations (NGOs) are taking initiatives to promote the importance of pet wellness and nutrient-rich pet food, thereby providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, there has been a considerable rise in the demand for organic pet food with customized diets and pet meal plans, which is also being accompanied by door-step delivery services. Along with the growing establishment of animal clinics, shelters, and pet care service centers, this is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the availability of fortified pet food, the rising adoption of improved production techniques to retain essential nutrients that are lost while processing and the advent of product variants with prolonged shelf life and flavor enhancers. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 10.64% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the ingredient, the market has been bifurcated into natural and organic.
- Based on the pet type, the market has been classified into dog food, cat food and others.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been categorized into dry pet food, wet and canned pet food, and snacks and treats.
- Based on the packaging type, the market has been divided into bags, cans, pouches and boxes.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Israel and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include PetGuard Holdings LLC, Newman’s Own LLC, Nestle SA, Evanger’s Dog & Cat Food Company, Inc., Lily's Kitchen, Avian Organics, Castor & Pollux Natural Petworks, and Yarrah.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800