The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Organic Spices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the global organic spice market reached a value of US$ 25.6 Billion in 2022. Organic spices refer to naturally-sourced food ingredients that do not contain chemical additives, such as preservatives, flavorants, and artificial colors. They are mainly prepared by processing aromatic seeds, roots, barks, and dried fruits and vegetables. Some of the most commonly available organic spices include chilies, turmeric, garlic, ginger, coriander, nutmeg, and mace. In recent years, organic spices have gained traction over conventional spices as they help produce clean-label food items, thereby curbing food adulteration, mitigating health risks, and supporting environmental sustainability.
Global Organic Spices Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the increasing consumer concerns about the presence of harmful chemical additives in traditional spices. Additionally, the increasing number of individuals diagnosed with various chronic ailments, such as CVDs, gastrointestinal, and diabetes, is creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, the rising health consciousness among consumers and increasing awareness regarding the advantages of consuming organic spices are positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, organic spices are widely used to limit microbial growth and preserve the quality of meat and poultry products. In line with this, the exponential growth in the fast-food sector, in confluence with the growing popularity of clean-label convenience food items, such as snacks, products, soups, and frozen goods, is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, various initiatives undertaken by governments of numerous nations, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Food Safety Standards in India (FSSAI), promote the adoption of organic manufacturing procedures to accelerate product sales globally. Moreover, the adoption of advanced technologies by key players, such as steam treatment for maintaining safety, quality, and product standards, are creating lucrative growth opportunities for the key players operating in the industry. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 42.0 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.10% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the product type, the market has been divided into turmeric, ginger, clove, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, mustard seeds, and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been segregated into powder, whole, and chopped/crushed.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into commercial and household.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores, and online stores.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being AKO Gmbh, Frontier Natural Products Co-op, Husarich Gmbh, Kohinoor Foods Ltd., McCormick & Company Inc., Organic Spices Inc., Pacific Spice Company Inc., Rapid Organic Pvt. Ltd., Rocky Mountain Spice Company, Spice Chain Corporation, Starwest Botanicals, and Watkins Incorporated.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800