According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Osseointegration Implants Market: Global Industry, Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global osseointegration implants market reached a value of US$ 5928.0 Million in 2021. Osseointegration implants refer to a type of endosteal implant that contains pores into which osteoblasts and supporting connective tissue can migrate. They are manufactured using biostable polymers, ceramics, and metals, such as tantalum, cobalt, titanium, chromium, and stainless steel. They are widely used for joint replacement procedures, endoprosthesis, dental implants, spinal instrumentation hardware, bone-anchored hearing aids, and amputee implants. The osseointegration process involves an initial interlocking between the bone and implant and biological fixation through continuous bone apposition and remodeling toward the implant. As compared to traditional implants, osseointegration implants offer enhanced stability, fewer side effects, and reduced post-surgery recovery time.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Osseointegration Implants Market Trends:
The rising geriatric population and increasing joint replacement surgeries across the globe are creating a positive outlook for the market. Osseointegration implants are inserted into the bone of a residual limb, which then attaches directly to a prosthesis, eliminating socket-related issues. Additionally, the growing incidences of chronic diseases, such as obesity and degenerative spinal conditions, due to the unhealthy eating habits of individuals, sedentary lifestyles, high alcohol consumption, and smoking are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the introduction of advanced osseointegration implants manufactured with zirconium nitride abutment coating for enhanced aesthetics and function that offers increased restorative flexibility is providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, the widespread product adoption due to the increasing cases of dental disorders and growing awareness toward the availability of dental implants as a tooth loss solution is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including shifting consumer preferences toward minimally invasive surgeries (MIS), increased product demand for orthopedic injuries or diseases, improving healthcare infrastructure, supportive government initiatives, and favorable reimbursement policies, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 8747.7 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.20% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into bone-anchored prostheses and dental implants.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been divided into metallic, ceramic, polymeric, and biomaterials.
- Based on the end use, the market has been classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers and dental clinics.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Bicon LLC, CONMED Corporation, Demant A/S, Dentsply Sirona Inc., Envista Holdings Corporation, Henry Schein Inc., Institut Straumann AG, Integrum AB, Medtronic plc, NuVasive Inc., Osstem Implant Co. Ltd., Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation and Zimmer Biomet.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800