According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Osteosynthesis Devices Market by Type (Internal, External), Material (Non-Degradable, Degradable), Fracture Type (Patella, Tibia or Fibula or Ankle, Clavicle, Scapula or Humerus, Radius or Ulna, Hand, Wrist, Vertebral Column, Pelvis, Hip, Femur, Foot Bones, and Others), End User (Hospitals, Orthopedic Specialist Clinics, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,” the global osteosynthesis devices market size reached US$ 9.1 Billion in 2022. Osteosynthesis devices are medical implants or instruments used in orthopedic surgery to stabilize and facilitate the healing of broken bones. It helps rehabilitate the anatomical alignment of fractured bones by providing stability, promoting faster healing, reducing pain, and restoring function. These devices come in various forms, including plates, screws, nails, wires, and external fixation systems, manufactured from various degradable and non-degradable materials such as iron, magnesium, titanium, zinc, metallic alloys, glasses, polymers, and ceramics. The choice of an osteosynthesis device depends on factors such as the location, type, and severity of the fracture, as well as the patient's age and overall health. The selection and proper placement of these devices are essential to achieve successful fracture healing and optimal patient outcomes.
Global Osteosynthesis Devices Market Trends:
The surge in the number of road accidents, sports-related injuries, and age-related orthopedic disorders across the globe represents the key factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the growing geriatric population more prone to bone fractures and musculoskeletal conditions has significantly increased the demand for osteosynthesis devices. Moreover, the rising acceptance of minimally invasive surgical (MIS) techniques due to their enhanced patient recovery times and reduced hospital stays are positively impacting the market growth. In addition to this, ongoing technological advancements in the medical sector have led to the development of bio-resorbable osteosynthesis devices that eliminate the need for subsequent removal surgeries, creating a favorable outlook for market expansion. Furthermore, extensive investments in healthcare infrastructure and the expanding use of 3D printing technology in the production of customized osteosynthesis devices, allowing manufacturers to meet the precise anatomical needs of individual patients, are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 13.7 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into internal (screw and plates, wires and pins, intramedullary rods and nails, and spinal fixation devices) and external (fracture fixation and bone lengthening). Currently, internal dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- Based on the material, the market is bifurcated into non-degradable and degradable. At present, non-degradable accounts for the majority of the global share.
- On the basis of the fracture type, the market has been segregated into patella, tibia or fibula or ankle, clavicle, scapula or humerus, radius or ulna, hand, wrist, vertebral column, pelvis, hip, femur, foot bones, and others. Among these, patella, tibia or fibula or ankle represent the biggest market segment.
- Based on the end user, the market is categorized into hospitals, orthopedic specialist clinics, and others. Currently, hospitals hold the largest market share.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Presently, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Arthrex Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Globus Medical Inc., GS Medical USA, Johnson & Johnson, Life Spine Inc., MicroPort Scientific Corporation, Neosteo SAS, Precision Spine Inc., Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
- Internal: Screw and Plates, Wires and Pins, Intramedullary Rods and Nails, Spinal Fixation Devices
- External: Fracture Fixation, Bone Lengthening
|Fracture Types Covered
||Patella, Tibia, or Fibula, or Ankle, Clavicle, Scapula or Humerus, Radius or Ulna, Hand, Wrist, Vertebral Column, Pelvis, Hip, Femur, Foot Bones, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Orthopedic Specialist Clinics, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Arthrex Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Globus Medical Inc., GS Medical USA, Johnson & Johnson, Life Spine Inc., MicroPort Scientific Corporation, Neosteo SAS, Precision Spine Inc., Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800