The global osteosynthesis devices market size reached US$ 9.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 13.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% during 2023-2028. The increasing incidences of road accidents across the globe and the rising prevalence of bone fractures and osteoarthritis, especially amongst the geriatric population, represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Osteosynthesis represents a reconstructive orthopedic surgical procedure intended to join and stabilize various broken and fractured bone fragments by using multiple implantable devices, screws, plates, spinal fixations, and intramedullary rods. It encompasses bone lengthening and Ilizarov devices, washers, Kirschner wires (K-wires), fracture fixation solutions, and other medical implants as standard internal and external product types that are commonly used in surgeries. These components are manufactured from several degradable and non-degradable materials, including magnesium, titanium, zinc, iron, metallic alloys, polymers, glasses, and ceramics. Osteosynthesis devices aid in increasing the contact surface between the implants and osteoporotic bone, correcting the bone position, and healing the damages while providing optimal stability and providing better clinical outcomes. As a result, osteosynthesis devices are used in the treatment of hip, femur, hand, wrist, clavicle, scapula, patella, and fibula fractures.
Osteosynthesis Devices Market Trends:
The increasing incidences of road accidents across the globe represents one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Moreover, the rising prevalence of bone fractures and osteoarthritis, especially amongst the geriatric population is contributing to the market growth. In line with this, the rising need for bone surgeries and the shifting consumer inclination toward minimally invasive operations over full-fledged surgical procedures due to their multiple benefits are acting as another growth-inducing factor. This is primarily because minimally invasive surgeries help achieve better results, reduce the risk of infection, avoid large-scale blood loss, mitigate skin and tissues caused by incisions and offer better clinical outcomes. Additionally, the favorable initiatives being implemented by governments of numerous countries to invest in biomedical companies for manufacturing several osteosynthesis devices for diverse body parts are supporting the market growth. Furthermore, the extensive utilization of biocompatible and bioabsorbable materials to fabricate plates, rods, wires, pins, and screws is favoring the market growth. These components offer various advantages, including eliminating the need to remove osteosynthesis devices and ensuring faster bone healing. Other factors, such as significant enhancements in the healthcare infrastructures and the continuous research and development (R&D) activities in the field of medical sciences to enhance the efficacy of osteosynthesis devices, are creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global osteosynthesis devices market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, material, fracture type, and end user.
- Screw and Plates
- Wires and Pins
- Intramedullary Rods and Nails
- Spinal Fixation Devices
- Fracture Fixation
- Bone Lengthening
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the osteosynthesis devices market based on the type. This includes internal (screws and plates, wires and pins, intramedullary rods and nails, and spinal fixation devices) and external (fracture fixation and bone lengthening). According to the report, internal represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the osteosynthesis devices market based on the material type has also been provided in the report. This includes non-degradable and degradable. According to the report, non-degradable accounted for the largest market share.
Fracture Type Insights:
- Patella, Tibia or Fibula or Ankle
- Clavicle, Scapula or Humerus
- Radius or Ulna
- Hand, Wrist
- Vertebral Column
- Foot Bones
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the osteosynthesis devices market based on the fracture type. This includes patella, tibia or fibula or ankle, clavicle, scapula or humerus, radius or ulna, hand, wrist, vertebral column, pelvis, hip, femur, foot bones, and others. According to the report, patella, tibia or fibula or ankle represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Orthopedic Specialist Clinics
A detailed breakup and analysis of the osteosynthesis devices market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, orthopedic specialist clinics, and others. According to the report, hospitals accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for osteosynthesis devices. Some of the factors driving the North America osteosynthesis devices market included the increasing incidences of road accidents, the rising prevalence of bone fractures and osteoarthritis, and the growing geriatric population across the globe.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global osteosynthesis devices market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Arthrex Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Globus Medical Inc., GS Medical USA, Johnson & Johnson, Life Spine Inc., MicroPort Scientific Corporation, Neosteo SAS, Precision Spine Inc., Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
- Internal: Screw and Plates, Wires and Pins, Intramedullary Rods and Nails, Spinal Fixation Devices
- External: Fracture Fixation, Bone Lengthening
|Fracture Types Covered
||Patella, Tibia, or Fibula, or Ankle, Clavicle, Scapula or Humerus, Radius or Ulna, Hand, Wrist, Vertebral Column, Pelvis, Hip, Femur, Foot Bones, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Orthopedic Specialist Clinics, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Arthrex Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Globus Medical Inc., GS Medical USA, Johnson & Johnson, Life Spine Inc., MicroPort Scientific Corporation, Neosteo SAS, Precision Spine Inc., Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global osteosynthesis devices market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global osteosynthesis devices market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive osteosynthesis devices markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the fracture type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global osteosynthesis devices market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global osteosynthesis devices market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the osteosynthesis devices market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global osteosynthesis devices market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the osteosynthesis devices industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.