According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Osteotomy Plates Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global osteotomy plates market size reached a value of US$ 569.6 Million in 2022. Osteotomy plates are medical orthopedic devices widely used to reposition broken or fractured bones surgically. They are used to fix bones in their correct anatomical position by cutting and reshaping them. They are usually manufactured from stainless steel, titanium, or cobalt-chrome alloy and are designed to be implanted into the bones. Additionally, they are composed of two main components, namely the plate and the screws, wherein the plate is designed to fit the shape of the bone and serves as an anchor for the screws, which are used to hold the bone in its corrected position. They are used to fix bones that have been broken or fractured due to trauma. They also correct congenital deformities, including bowlegs, knock knees, and scoliosis. The plates aid in realigning bones after the removal of bone tumors or other bone lesions. They are typically placed on the bone's outer surface and held in place with screws. On the other hand, the screws are tightened to compress the bone and hold it in the desired position. In some cases, the screws may be removed after the bone has healed, while others may remain in place permanently. As a result, osteotomy plates are gaining widespread prominence across the globe as they are easily available in various shapes and sizes and can be custom-made to fit a particular bone type.
Global Osteotomy Plates Market Trends:
The rising number of surgical procedures performed by surgeons majorly drives the global market. This can be attributed to the growing incidences of osteoporosis on account of loss of tissue, calcium deficiency, and vitamin D deficiency. Due to the increasing geriatric population, there has been a considerable rise in the demand for osteotomy plates to help treat age-related conditions, including osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. Along with this, the increasing popularity of high-impact sports is leading to a rising prevalence of sports-related injuries, which is impacting the demand for osteotomy plates to help treat these injuries. In addition, the rising incidences of musculoskeletal disorders, such as Blount’s disease and knee osteoarthritis among the masses, are also positively influencing the market. Furthermore, continuous technological advancements in the field of orthopedics to develop more efficient and effective osteotomy plates are creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors driving the market include the escalating investment in healthcare infrastructure and significant growth in medical tourism. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 798.9 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.5% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been segmented into metal osteotomy plates (titanium osteotomy and stainless steel osteotomy plates), and polymer osteotomy plates.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into knee, hip, and other surgeries.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into hospitals, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include aap Implantate AG, Acumed LLC (Colson Medical LLC), Amerisourcebergen Corporation, Amplitude Surgical, Arthrex Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Integra LifeSciences, Johnson & Johnson, Medartis AG, OrthoPediatrics Corp., Stryker Corporation, TriMed Inc. and Zimmer Biomet.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Material, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||aap Implantate AG, Acumed LLC (Colson Medical LLC), Amerisourcebergen Corporation, Amplitude Surgical, Arthrex Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Integra LifeSciences, Johnson & Johnson, Medartis AG, OrthoPediatrics Corp., Stryker Corporation, TriMed Inc. and Zimmer Biomet
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800