IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “OTA Transmission Platform Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global OTA transmission platform market size reached US$ 100.5 Million in 2021. Over-the-air (OTA) transmission platforms refer to a type of communication system that relies on wireless technology to broadcast channels on radio and television platforms. They also aid in managing subscriber identity module (SIM) cards and distributing software updates, such as new carrier settings and even operating system (OS) updates, to supported mobile devices. They utilize advanced television systems committee (ATSC) 3.0 standard, next-gen error correction for the physical layer, and novel technologies to produce wireless data through an internet protocol (IP) delivery system. In recent years, OTA transmission platforms have gained immense traction across the globe due to their high quality and cost-effectiveness.
Global OTA Transmission Platform Market Trends:
The rising consumer preferences for on-demand content services represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the increasing penetration of online streaming channels and recent improvements in information technology (IT) are other major growth-inducing factors. Additionally, there is a rise in the demand for OTA transmission platforms as they aid broadcasters in sharing video content with higher picture and audio quality and offering enhanced channel presentation and ease of operations. In line with this, the shifting consumer inclination toward better picture quality content, such as high definition (HD) and 4K resolution, has accelerated product adoption rates among broadcasters and manufacturers of display devices. Furthermore, the rapid proliferation of the internet of things (IoT) has encouraged manufacturers to use OTA updates for autonomous vehicles, smart home speakers, and other IoT devices. Along with this, the development of OTA transmission platforms integrated with ATSC 3.0 standards that support high-efficiency video coding, improve reception signals, enhance the viewing experience, and enable the broadcasting of more video data has propelled the market growth. Apart from this, the growing popularity of the hybrid combination of over-the-top (OTT) and OTA platforms, which offers a single television guide to users covering both channels, has augmented the product demand. Other factors, including the advent of 5G technology, the expanding broadcasting industry, inflating sales of smartphones, ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, rapid digitization, and continual technological advancements, are creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 129.7 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.43% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the component, the market has been bifurcated into hardware and services.
- On the basis of the platform type, the market has been classified into television, radio, mobile, streaming devices, and others.
- The market has been segregated based on the end user into individual and commercial (healthcare, media and entertainment, information technology, and education).
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being AirTV L.L.C (DISH DBS Corporation), Channel Master, Encompass, GatesAir Inc., Harmonic Inc., Liveu Inc., Nuvyyo Inc., Powercast Corporation, Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc., Thales Group, and TiVo Corporation (Xperi Holding Corporation).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800