The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Over-the-Air (OTA) Testing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global over-the-air (OTA) testing market size reached US$ 2.02 Billion in 2021. Over-the-air (OTA) testing refers to the method of evaluating the radiated performance of various wireless devices such as tablets, smartphones, laptops, Internet of Things (IoT) peripherals and routers. It is placed in a free space environment inside a test chamber to monitor real-life situations. It assists development teams in increasing product reliability and enhancing the end-user experience by identifying problematic areas. As a result, OTA testing is adopted across automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, telecommunication, and consumer devices industries.
Global Over-the-Air (OTA) Testing Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the implementation of stringent government regulations. Nowadays, manufacturers need to check the reliability and RF performance characteristics of wireless devices according to the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association (CTIA) standards, which is escalating the demand for OTA testing. In addition, the introduction of highly integrated radio frontends for satellite communications links represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the emerging trend of smart cities and the increasing penetration of the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular networks are also creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Furthermore, the evolving 5G technology and the rising adoption of Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) standards are propelling market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.60% during 2022-2027.
- Based on technology, the market has been categorized into cellular, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into mobile payment systems, home automation, utilities management system, traffic control system, and others.
- Based on the industry vertical, the market has been segmented into aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, automotive, logistics and transportation, and healthcare.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Anritsu Corporation, BluFlux LLC, Bureau Veritas, CETECOM GmbH (RWTÜV e.V.), Element Materials Technology, Eurofins Scientific SE, Intertek Group plc, Keysight Technologies, Microwave Vision Group (MVG), Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co KG, SGS S.A., and UL Solutions.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800