According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Packaging Machinery Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global packaging machinery market size reached US$ 50.4 Billion in 2021. Packaging machinery includes machines and devices that are widely utilized for various packaging products and components. They utilize films, wraps, seals, forms and packages to ensure the safety of packaged goods by protecting them against biological contamination. They also assist in product differentiation and enhancing the overall appearance of the products while extending their shelf life. These packaging devices are widely deployed across multiple end use industries for automatizing various processes, including bagging, packing, bottling, sealing, unpacking, lidding, inspecting, wrapping, labeling, encoding and palletizing the products.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Packaging Machinery Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by considerable growth in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector. Since packaging solutions protect the packaged products from biological contamination, physical damage, degradation, and counterfeiting in an efficient manner, they are extensively being used in the production of FMGC goods. Moreover, the shifting preference towards the consumption of convenience and ready-to-eat food products among the masses is also creating a positive outlook for packaging machinery across the globe. This is supported by the changing dietary preferences of the masses and the hectic lifestyles led by working professionals. Apart from this, the rising demand for convenient packaging solutions from the pharmaceuticals sector is also acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the launch of energy-efficient packaging machinery and the merger and acquisitions (M&A) activities undertaken by key players to improve their existing production facilities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the machine type, the market has been divided into filling machines, FFS (form, fill and seal) machines, cartoning machines, palletizing machines, labeling machines, wrapping machines, cleaning and sterilizing machines, and others.
- Based on the technology, the market has been classified into general packaging, modified atmosphere packaging, and vacuum packaging.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been categorized into food, beverages, pharmaceutical and personal care, chemicals, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Barry-Wehmiller Companies, GEA Group, Illinois Tool Works, Krones, Robert Bosch GmbH, Adelphi Packaging Machinery, Aetna Group, B&H Labelling Systems, Bosch Packaging Machinery, Bradman Lake Group, CKD Group, Coesia SpA, Fuji Machinery Company, and Harland Machine Systems Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal