According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Paper Bags Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global paper bags market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.78% during 2022-2027. A paper bag is a flexible packaging solution that is used to carry goods. It is made with biodegradable, reusable, recyclable, parchment, and kraft paper. These materials are processed through several mechanical and chemical processes to attain a specific weight and color. As compared to plastic bags, paper bags are more lightweight and require lesser energy for recycling. They also offer ecological benefits by reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, conserving natural resources, lowering risks to animals, and reducing air, land, and water contamination.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Paper Bags Market Trends:
The increasing shift toward biodegradable and eco-friendly packaging products represents the key factor driving the global paper bags market growth. The escalating demand for consumer goods and processed food products are further contributing to the market growth. Moreover, these bags are coated with food-grade liners, which maintain the freshness of the contents for longer durations. In line with this, the rising concerns regarding the safety of the environment and marine animals are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, continuous investments in research and development (R&D) activities to improve the design and manufacturing processes and increase the reliability, convenience, and efficiency of the product are creating a positive outlook for the market.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segregated into sewn open mouth, pinched bottom open mouth, pasted valve, pasted open mouth, flat bottom, and others.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been bifurcated into brown and white kraft.
- Based on the thickness, the market has been divided into 1, 2, 3, and >3 ply.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into online and offline.
- Based on the end-use industry, the market has been classified into food and beverages, pharmaceutical, retail, construction, chemicals, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being American Packaging Corporation, B & H Bag Company, El Dorado, Genpak LLC, Gilchrist Bag Manufacturing LLC, Global-Pak Inc., Grupo Consist S.A., International Paper, Kent Paper & Packaging Supplies, Mondi Group, Novolex Holdings LLC, Paperbags Ltd., Ronpak Inc., Smurfit Kappa Group, etc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800