Particle size analysis refers to a set of technical procedures performed for calculating average size of particles in an aerosol, suspension, emulsion or solid sample. The analysis is practiced for controlling the number of chemical reactions that take place when a product is being used. It can be achieved through several devices and remains an important process as it helps in determining the nature, behaviour and other properties of the material. Particle size analysis can be performed by using different methods some of which can be applied for a wide range of samples whereas other methods are limited to specific applications. A new research report by IMARC Group, titled “Particle Size Analysis Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, estimates that the global particle size analysis market was worth US$ 200 Million in 2017. The report further expects the market to cross US$ 274 Million by 2023, at a projected CAGR of more than 5% over the forecast period.
Global Particle Size Analysis Market Drivers/Constraints:
- Particle size analysis is increasingly being used in the field of nanotechnology and also for the production of newly constructed structures, semiconductor components and cosmetic products. These are some of the key factors driving the growth of the market.
- There has been an increase in the usage of particle size analysis in the pharmaceutical industry for the purpose of maintaining the quality of different medicines. This has, in turn, contributed towards an augmented demand for this process across the globe.
- Some of the factors which have been proactive in maintaining the market growth include technological advancements being made being made by manufacturers and a strong demand for particle size analysis across emerging economies.
- The expensive instruments associated with particle size analysis and the absence of well-established distribution networks among small- and medium-sized enterprises are few forces that have been impeding the growth of the market.
The market has been segregated on the basis of several types of technology which mainly includes laser diffraction, dynamic light scattering (DLS), image analysis and nanoparticle tracking analysis (NTA). Amongst these, laser diffraction represents the largest segment as it has a wide measurement range due to which it can be used in various applications.
On the basis of application, the market has been segmented into medicine and healthcare, mining and minerals, petrochemical, and food and beverages industries. Currently, the medicine and healthcare industry exhibits a clear dominance owing to the increasing usage of nanotechnology in medical science as well as increasing number of analytical laboratories.
On a geographical front, North America accounts for the majority of the share of the global particle size analysis market. This can be accredited to increasing government initiatives to explore new technologies of particle size analysis. Some of the other major markets include Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
The global particle size analysis market comprises of various small vendors which include both local and regional players. Opportunities for these vendors will increase over the period of next few years on account of a rise in R&D activities across numerous sectors. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Malvern Instruments Ltd.
- Horiba Ltd.
- Beckman Coulter Inc.
- Microtrac Inc.
- Micromeritics Instruments
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal