According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Pasta Sauce Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,”the global pasta sauce market reached a value of US$ 9.9 Billion in 2021. Pasta sauce refers to a cream-based, thick-textured liquid or semi-solid paste that is formulated by using garlic, tomatoes, pepper, cheese, onions, herbs, and other seasonings. It is primarily utilized as a flavor enhancer and savory topping over various dishes, such as pasta, pizza, and lasagna. Commercially available in red, pesto, meat-based, marinara, butter-based, and vegetable sauce variants, pasta sauce is a rich source of macronutrients, vitamins, fibers, and minerals. They are usually stored and distributed in plastic pouches, glass, and aluminum containers packaging formats.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Pasta Sauce Market Trends:
Rapid expansion in the food and beverage (F&B) industry and the rising consumer inclination toward inter-continental cuisines are primarily driving the global pasta sauce market growth. In line with this, the rising working population and their hectic schedules are creating a demand for packed and ready-to-eat food products, like canned pasta sauce, which is contributing to the market growth. Additionally, the increasing health concerns have encouraged manufacturers to introduce gluten-free, non-genetically modified organism (non-GMO) variants with natural ingredients, which is contributing to the market growth. Other than this, the rapid establishment of quick service restaurants (QSRs) has enabled the premiumization of pasta sauces, which is positively influencing the market growth. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 12.0 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 3.08% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into tomato-based sauces (traditional, marinara, meat, mushroom, roasted garlic, cheese, tomato and basil and others), pesto-based sauces (traditional basil, sun-dried tomato, and others), and alfredo-based sauces (traditional, garlic, cheese, and others). Currently, tomato-based sauces dominate the market.
- On the basis of the packaging type, the market has been segregated into glass bottles, polyethylene terephthalate (PET), cans, pouches and cartons. Amongst these, glass bottles account for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into direct and indirect (store-based retailing, supermarkets, specialty stores, convenience stores, and online retailing). The indirect segment exhibits a clear dominance.
- On the geographical front, Europe represents the largest market. It is further segregated into Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others. Other major markets include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru and others) and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates and others).
- The report has analyzed the competitive landscape of the market, along with the profiles of the key players.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal