According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Patient Handling Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global patient handling equipment market reached a value of US$ 10.7 Billion in 2022. Patient handling equipment refers to assistive devices that are designed to help patients with mobility that require physical assistance. Mechanical and nonmechanical equipment, ambulatory aid, medical beds, wheelchairs, and scooters are some commonly used patient handling equipment. They are widely used to support, lift, move and transfer patients. The equipment assists patients in walking, standing, sitting and bed mobility, lateral transfers, and hoisting. It also helps in providing comfort and safety, maintaining personal hygiene, and reducing the possibility of patient injuries and infections. Moreover, these types of equipment reduce the risk of complications, such as urinary tract infections, skin tears, pressure ulcers, and sores. As a result, they find extensive application across nursing homes, hospitals, intensive care units (ICUs), and rehabilitation centers.
Global Patient Handling Equipment Market Trends-
The increasing geriatric population coupled with the rising incidence of disabilities across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, the growing incidences of chronic diseases and rising hospital admissions are favoring the market growth. Patient handling equipment is widely used in orthopedics and neurology departments for critical, wound, and bariatric care. Apart from this, the integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) and radio frequency identification (RFID) technology in patient handling equipment that assists in real-time tracking and providing efficient and accurate access to medical data is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Additionally, the widespread adoption of wheelchairs due to the rising number of accidental injuries is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the significant growth in the healthcare infrastructure, increased product demand due to the risk of manual handling of patients, and the implementation of various government initiatives to enhance overall patient handling capabilities, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 17.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into wheelchairs and scooters, medical beds, mechanical and nonmechanical equipment, ambulatory aids and others.
- Based on the type of care, the market has been categorized into bariatric care, fall prevention, critical care, wound care and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, home care settings, elderly care facilities and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include EZ Way Inc., Getinge AB, Guldmann Inc., Hill-Rom Holdings Inc., Invacare Corporation, Joerns Healthcare LLC, LINET Group SE, Medline Industries Inc., Paramount Bed Co. Ltd., Prism UK Medical Ltd, Stiegelmeyer GmbH & Co. KG and Stryker Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Type of Care, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||EZ Way Inc., Getinge AB, Guldmann Inc., Hill-Rom Holdings Inc., Invacare Corporation, Joerns Healthcare LLC, LINET Group SE, Medline Industries Inc., Paramount Bed Co. Ltd., Prism UK Medical Ltd, Stiegelmeyer GmbH & Co. KG and Stryker Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800