According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Patient Portal Market Report by Portal (Integrated Patient Portal, Standalone Patient Portal), Deployment Mode (Cloud-based, On-premises), End User (Hospitals and Clinics, Pharmacies, and Others), and Region 2024-2032," the global patient portal market reached a value of US$ 3,809.2 Million in 2023. A patient portal is an online platform that is generally utilized for healthcare assistance. It includes websites and online applications that allow the patients to interact and communicate with healthcare experts. It helps patients make appointments with various health departments and allows easy access to personal health-related information, including laboratory results, discharge summaries and medications. Along with this, it provides accessible medical support to individuals living in geographically extended and remote locations. As a result, its deployment enables quick and better communication and increased patient engagement while streamlining various processes in an efficient manner.
Global Patient Portal Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by rapid digitization across the healthcare sector. Coupled with the rising penetration of high-speed internet connectivity and the increasing adoption of smartphones among the masses, this has further propelled the market growth. In line with this, the rapid outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has impelled individuals to adopt online healthcare assistance, which is providing a boost to the market growth. Moreover, continual technological advancements and the widespread integration of the Internet of Things (IoT) and big data analytics with patient portals are creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, rising investments by private and public agencies in improving the existing healthcare infrastructure are positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including the rising geriatric population that is prone to medical ailments, the escalating prevalence of chronic diseases, continuous product innovations, the rising medical expenditure, and the increasing number of diagnostic centers across the globe, are further projected to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 10,537.7 Million by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 11.61% during 2024-2032.
- On the basis of the portal, the market has been bifurcated into an integrated patient portal and standalone patient portal.
- Based on the deployment mode, the market has been segmented into cloud-based and on-premises.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been segregated into hospitals and clinics, pharmacies and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players are Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., Athenahealth Inc., Bridge Patient Portal Inc., Cerner Corporation, Chetu Inc., CureMD Healthcare, Eclinicalworks LLC, General Electric Company, Greenway Health LLC, Intelichart LLC, McKesson Corporation and Nextgen Healthcare Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal