According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Personal Hygiene Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global personal hygiene market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 3.5% during 2022-2027. Personal hygiene involves practices performed by an individual for maintaining cleanliness by bathing, washing hands, brushing teeth and grooming one’s body on a regular basis. These are preventive health measures that include sanitizing, cleaning and covering body parts in an attempt to prevent developing infections and illnesses that are generally caused by coming in contact with germs and viruses. Some of the popularly used personal hygiene products include antimicrobial wipes, hand sanitizers, disinfectants, masks, gloves and feminine hygiene products.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Personal Hygiene Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing awareness among the masses regarding the numerous benefits of maintaining personal hygiene. Coupled with the inflating disposable income levels of individuals and the shifting lifestyle preferences, this has provided a boost to the sales of personal hygiene products across the globe. Moreover, easy product availability through online and offline organized retail channels is also contributing to the uptake of these products. The market is further driven by the favorable initiatives undertaken by the governments of various countries to spread awareness regarding the importance of maintaining personal hygiene. Numerous private organizations are also conducting workshops and organizing campaigns in rural regions to promote the use of hygiene products, especially feminine intimate hygiene, such as pads, tampons and toilet seat sanitizers. Besides this, the rapid outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has impelled the masses to invest in good-quality hand sanitizers and face masks to limit the spread of the virus. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include rapid urbanization, product premiumization and the launch of organic and natural personal hygiene products across the globe.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into feminine hygiene products (sanitary napkins, tampons and others), incontinence garments (adult diaper, protective underwear, cloth adult diaper, and others), disinfectants, hand sanitizers, masks, gloves, stretchable caps, antimicrobial wipes, and others.
- Based on the pricing, the market has been bifurcated into mass and premium products.
- On the basis of the usability, the market has been classified into disposable and reusable.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into hospital pharmacies, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online stores and pharmacies, convenience stores and retail pharmacies, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include 3M Company, Auchan, Carrefour S.A., Colgate-Palmolive Company, Costco, Henkel AG & Company, Johnson & Johnson, Kao Corporation, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Publix, Reckitt Benckiser Group, The Kroger Co., The Procter & Gamble Company, Unilever, and Unicharm Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800