According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Pest Control Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global pest control market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Pest control refers to the proper management of specific species of harmful insects. These solutions involve regulating the spread of pests that are detrimental to human health and can often cause vector-borne diseases, such as plague, malaria, encephalitis, yellow fever, and typhus. Some of these pests include cockroaches, bees, beetles, mosquitoes, bedbugs, termites, aphids, worms and rodents. Consequently, pest control is widely used in the agricultural sector to mitigate damage caused to the crops and plants by these insects.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Pest Control Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising need for effective management of crops across the agricultural sector. With the increasing shortage of food across the globe due to the growing global population and declining arable land area, farmers are widely utilizing pest control to minimize crop loss and enhance the overall yield. The market is further driven by the growing preference for non-chemical methods of pest control, including crop exclusion, crop rotation, and biological control, due to the increasing environmental concerns among the masses. Moreover, the rising awareness regarding the adverse effects of chemical pesticides on both the food chain and environment has encouraged the adoption of advanced pest control techniques, such as heat killing, sticky barrier, and flooding, for numerous agricultural and wildland areas. Furthermore, multiple key players are increasingly investing in the development of plant-based pest control solutions on account of an enhanced focus on sustainable development. Coupled with the growing preference for sustainable farming and ecological integrated pest management (IPM) strategies among farmers, this is expected to create a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into chemical, mechanical, biological and others.
- Based on the pest type, the market has been classified into insects, termites, rodents and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into residential, commercial, agriculture, industrial, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Anticimex Ab, Arrow Exterminators Inc., Atalian Servest Group Ltd., Dodson Pest Control Inc., Ecolab Inc., Massey Services Inc., Rentokil Initial plc, Rollins Inc, Sanix Incorporated, Target Specialty Products, Terminix Global Holdings and Truly Nolen of America Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800