The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global pharmaceutical glass packaging market size reached US$ 8.05 Billion in 2021. Glass is widely utilized as a primary packaging material for various pharmaceutical products. It extends the shelf life, preserves volatile ingredients, minimizes the chances of accidental breakage, and protects the pharmaceutical products against damage caused by the external environment such as air, moisture, and light. In addition, colored glass, such as amber and red-colored glass, protects the contents from ultraviolet (UV) rays and specific wavelengths. Moreover, glass packaging finds extensive applications in the pharmaceutical industry as it preserves temperature-sensitive drugs such as vaccines and insulin.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the expanding pharmaceutical industry. Nowadays, glass packaging is used to protect pharmaceutical contents against physical damage, hydrolysis, and oxidation, prevent their biological contamination and reduce the drug’s susceptibility to degradation. In addition, the introduction of innovative product variants by leading manufacturers, such as thin and lightweight glass bottles to minimize the overall consumption of energy and raw materials, represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, governing authorities of numerous countries are taking several favorable initiatives to encourage the usage of recycled glass to reduce the carbon footprint. This, coupled with the widespread prevalence of chronic diseases like diabetes and obesity and the rising healthcare consciousness among the masses, is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the growing awareness regarding the adverse effects of plastic packaging, ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, and the emerging demand for patient-oriented medicines such as biologics is creating a favorable market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 12.63 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.40% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been segregated into bottles, vials, ampoules, cartridges and syringes, and others.
- On the basis of the drug type, the market has been classified into generic, branded, and biologic.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into oral, injectable, nasal, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report, with some of the key players being Ardagh Group S.A, Beatson Clark, Bormioli Pharma S.p.A., Corning Incorporated, Gerresheimer AG, Nipro Corporation, Piramal Enterprises Ltd., Schott AG, SGD Pharma, Shandong Pharmaceutical Glass Co. Ltd., Sisecam (Türkiye Is Bankasi A.S.), Stölzle-Oberglas GmBH and West Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA – Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800