According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Photolithography Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global photolithography equipment market reached a value of US$ 12.3 Billion in 2021. Photolithography involves exposing a photosensitive polymer to a light source that creates a pattern on a substrate or wafer. Some of the commonly used photolithography equipment includes mask aligners, steppers, direct writing tools and water inspection tools. Mask aligners are utilized to properly align the photomask on the wafer, steppers aid in transferring the image to the wafer, direct writing tools help in writing directly on a wafer via using laser beans and wafer inspection tools are used to detect physical defects. The demand for photolithography equipment is increasing due to their rising demand from the defense and automobile industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Photolithography Equipment Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by continuous developments in the semiconductor industry. Additionally, continual technological advancements, such as the adoption of extreme ultraviolet (EUV) technology in the manufacturing of microchips, are impacting the market favorably. Moreover, rapid growth in the information technology (IT) sector, coupled with the introduction of the Internet of Things (IoT), is contributing to the market. Additionally, the rising investments by private and public agencies for improving and expanding the 5G infrastructure and data center facilities are considered to be major growth-inducing factors for the market. Along with this, the increasing manufacturing and selling of electronic devices due to rapid urbanization and the inflating disposable income levels of the masses is providing an impetus to the market. Other factors, including continuous product innovations and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market growth worldwide. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 21.2 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.10% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the process, the market has been segmented into ultraviolet (UV), deep ultraviolet (DUV) and extreme ultraviolet (EUV).
- Based on the wavelength, the market has been segregated into 70 nm–1 nm, 270 nm–170 nm and 370 nm–270 nm.
- On the basis of the device wavelength, the market has been classified into laser produced plasmas, excimer lasers and mercury lamps.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into front-end and back-end.
- On the basis of the end-use, the market has been categorized into IDMS and foundries.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include ASML Holding N.V., Canon Inc., Eulitha AG, EV Group, Holmarc Opto-Mechatronics Ltd., microfab Service GmbH, Neutronix Quintel, Nikon Corporation, NuFlare Technology Inc. (Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation), Orthogonal Inc., Osiris International GmbH and S-Cubed Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800