According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Photomask Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global photomask market reached a value of US$ 4.52 Billion in 2021. A photomask refers to a silica plate that is generally used in the lithography process. It is usually projected on the wafers during the process of defining the layout of an integrated circuit. It is manufactured using fused silica or glass that is covered with a pattern of opaque film and phase-shifting areas that allow light to shine through in a defined pattern. Consequently, it is widely utilized in the fabrication of standalone printed circuit boards (PCBs) and discrete semiconductor components. There has been a considerable increase in the adoption of various types of photomasks due to the rising manufacturing and selling of electronic devices across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Photomask Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasingproduct demand from the electronics sector. The product demand is supported by the growing adoption of modern devices, such as laptops, smartphones and wearables, due to rapid digitization across the globe. Along with this, the shifting preference towards the utilization of light-emitting diodes (LEDs) over liquid crystal display (LCD) panels due to their superior contrast level and color accuracy is providing a boost to the demand for photomasks. Coupled with the rising preference for flat panel displays (FPDs) among consumers, this is creating a positive market outlook. Additionally, the widespread application of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) in the manufacturing of consumer electronics,automobiles and biomedical microelectromechanical systems (Bio-MEMS) is acting as a major growth-inducing factor.Furthermore, various technological advancements in the production of semiconductors are providing an impetus to their uptake. Other factors, including rapid industrialization, continuous product innovations and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market growth.On account of the aforementioned factors,?the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 5.71 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.24%during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into reticle, master and others.
- Based on the mask shop type, the market has been bifurcated into captive and merchant.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into optical devices, discrete components, displays, MEMS and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.?Some of these players include Advance Reproductions Corp., Applied Materials Inc., HOYA Corporation, Infinite Graphics Incorporated, KLA Corporation, LG Innotek Co. Ltd, Mycronic AB (publ), Nippon Filcon Co. Ltd., Photronics Inc., SK-Electronics Co. Ltd., Taiwan Mask Corporation and Toppan Printing Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800